Days: April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if this could work......but if it could, shut down the damn show for 6 months. or thereabouts.  just continue what works and jettison everything else, and have Ron & Sheri switch places. i can tell when she's written and been over a show and when Ron has done it, because it looks like two different shows. 

• Members

I can’t give Ron any sympathy when he’s literally done the exact same Sane person hooks up with woman he knows is mentally ill ON EVERY SHOW HE’S BEEN ON. Scheduling and episode guarantees have ZERO to do with that.

• Members

I work in a hospital and it drives me nuts how there's no confidentiality, except when it's convenient for the plot. Kayla just casually tells Steve, "We just admitted Stefan DiMera." Like... no. You don't get to do that. This obviously applies to all soaps but it's annoying.

• Members

Yep. It’s a nightmare.

Truthfully, I’d be able to overlook some of the budget and production poverty if Ron’s writing were better. Because the writing is SO bad, everything else is amplified.

Is filming so far ahead a problem? Yes. I get it that less time would afford writers the chance to switch gears, fix things, etc. But since almost EVERY story is a mess....

Are guarantees a problem? Yes. But a good writer would work those guarantees and work around those guarantees. Instead we have groups of characters isolated from almost everyone else. We have characters on different islands from other characters. It’s not working. 

• Members

Agreed that a good writer could/would work around these things. But it's still not just a Ron problem. Character isolation has been going on with this show for a long time now. He did a better job mixing up the cast when he first started. Most writers do but then it turns into the same groupings and isolation and we don't get natural interactions that should occur because someone can only be used in their own two-day-a-week story.

And agreed that if the stories were better it'd be easier to ignore some other things ...

DAYS needs a production overhaul or something. It's just not working. The show isn't cohesive no matter who the writer is. But, the poor stories are absolutely on Ron. Wasn't trying to tell anyone to feel sorry for him, lol, but the show has deeper problems than the writer, as has been evident during various regimes. It's very similar problems that occur each and every time.

Archived