Days: April 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I did like seeing Claire spend time with Julie, but I'm not really sure what they should do with her character overall. I wouldn't mind seeing a full on triangle with Tripp/Ciara/Wyatt and Claire, can just...  I don't know, lol. Claire/Tripp/Ciara isn't really a triangle, I can't really see her and Wyatt together, and Theo is not around. This "rivalry" with Ciara isn't that strong or particularly good.... Maybe they should work to put her and Ciara back on good terms and add Wyatt and a couple of other teens/young people to the group and go from there.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still don't get why Claire was inserted in this role.. when Allie (Sami and Lucas' daughter) had been established as having a so so relationship with Ciara when they were kids with Ciara being more the bad girl (like Sami) and Allie being more the nice girl (like her auntie Carrie and Jennifer).  Having Sami and Lucas being the parents of a nice girl would have been hilarous

• Members

I agree it made no sense to shove Claire in when it should have been Allie. I know they brought back Belle and Shawn at the time but the show has no interest in writing for them. Lucas is on the canvas, Sami pops in and out, it made more sense for it to be Allie, especially considering her relationship as a kid with Ciara. Which we actually saw on-screen on occasion. It would make more sense for them to be going back and forth with each other. Claire shouldn't have been aged.

The Claire/Ciara feud has felt forced from the beginning. Not to mention the boring, juvenile writing and wasting of all three of the actors in the teen set. And wasting Wyatt on the stupid Bella contest.

I never used to think ORK was bad. She actually looked good when she was around Jovanni and Pettis and James Lastovic. But yeah she's mediocre. It would help her and Victoria Konefal and Lucas Adams to be more involved with the vets. We used to get that, now they're so isolated. Especially Claire. ORK does better away from the teens. So more involvement with actors who can act would help. I never thought she was terrible but it feels like she's regressed a lot and is so shrill. Claire doesn't need to be so grating. Claire needs far more scenes with Belle, Shawn, Hope, Marlena, John ...

• Members

Tripp really has become a sanctimonious dick hasn't he?! This was the guy who showed up in town as a vengeful psychopath! I am really hating this show now! This whole triangle is terrible! Who am I supposed to be rooting for? That bitch Ciara is really no better than Claire considering how she's gunning so hard for her. Ugh. Pointless rivalry. Remember really good rivalries?!! I'm never that guy who goes on about "classic writing," but there's something that DAYS did well and that was a rivalry.

• Members

Tripp has become a huge bore, Ciara is turning into a psycho bitch, and the girl playing Claire is a terrible actress. 

Btw, what kind of watering job does Tripp have? He sat and talked and texted with Ciara for a LONG time. I guess his boss was off that day.

• Members

SLs that should be featured (name Steve's story) have been wasted because of this horrible "Who killed Andre?" and the Multiple personalities story. that is front and center and it's their worst SL. this show really could be sop much better.....but now I'm at the pint that Sheri needs to take over. Ron's writing? I gave him a huge chance, but he's stuck in the same tropes he apparently did on other soaps (I've never seen his writing until he joined DOOL).

• Members

And it's always lovely how cops and doctors have personal conversations at length in front of everyone. I've worked in hospitals (transporting patients), there's hardly time to breath ... lol. I mean, granted there's downtime but jobs on soaps are so ridiculously handled. It must be nice to take an hour break, chat on the phone, hang with your bestie .... lol. Soaps.

Has JER come back from beyond to ghostwrite because Tripp is as boring as many of his stock dumb hotties. Shame too because LA is decent. So is Konefal but Ciara is also being wasted. Steve and Bo's children falling in love should be a much bigger story than this. And that Bella crap that lasted a few weeks? Horribly plotted. The reveal was lame. Affected literally no one. Where was the big Bella gala where Claire is exposed? Ron should be living for soapy reveals! DAYS should be right up his damn alley but he's disappointing me left and right.

I thought it would be a good thing that Ron has no investment in the characters on DAYS like he did on GH and OLTL where it became bad fan fiction, but it's clear he's just writing and not really invested in the characters. And what the hell are Ryan and Sheri contributing?? I really expected better but no writing regime can seem to succeed on DAYS. What's really going on with this show? Lawd. It's not just a Ron issue, though he has his own issues.

• Members

It's a lot of things from budget issues to taping a year ahead and not able to change storylines that aren't working which are a lot. It is surprising since Ron is getting help from Sheri Anderson. I remember posters raving about her and wanting her back in the HW position.

Archived