Jump to content

Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
1 hour ago, GMac said:

 

Yup.  And they're all fighting over a man 

Please register in order to view this content
  Or - in the case of the Phyllis/Hilary scenes, it's all about how to keep and fight for your man

 

I hardly pay attention to this shyt anymore.

It's a shame too because Hillary needs a friend and Phyllis or Chelsea could be it, but this show just refuses to use these characters well. I'd much rather see them in friendships and business rivalries than keeping a guy.  That could come later, but build the relationships in other ways first.

Edited by Juliajms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
4 hours ago, GMac said:

 

Yup.  And they're all fighting over a man 

Please register in order to view this content
  Or - in the case of the Phyllis/Hilary scenes, it's all about how to keep and fight for your man

 

I hardly pay attention to this shyt anymore.

 

+1

 

The show deserves these low ratings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, GMac said:

 

Yup.  And they're all fighting over a man 

Please register in order to view this content
  Or - in the case of the Phyllis/Hilary scenes, it's all about how to keep and fight for your man

 

I hardly pay attention to this shyt anymore.

 

While I don't mind it occasionally, when it happens THIS often with SO many sets of females, I find myself yelling "In what world would these two even TALK to each other???"

 

With Mariah and Hilary, I also hate the desperation Mariah shows -- initiating conversations to discuss Devon, showing off her photos with Devon, etc. It's just cringeworthy.

Can ANY reason make sense out of Tessa and Zack knowing each other and keeping it quiet? Are we supposed to believe Tessa has no idea Zack is involved in the sex ring?

 

And how bad off is this sex ring if Rainbow Girl Crystal is their best hooker -- you know, the one who runs off, gets scared, hates her job....yeah, those kinds of girls make awesome hookers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

 

While I don't mind it occasionally, when it happens THIS often with SO many sets of females, I find myself yelling "In what world would these two even TALK to each other???"

 

With Mariah and Hilary, I also hate the desperation Mariah shows -- initiating conversations to discuss Devon, showing off her photos with Devon, etc. It's just cringeworthy.

Can ANY reason make sense out of Tessa and Zack knowing each other and keeping it quiet? Are we supposed to believe Tessa has no idea Zack is involved in the sex ring?

 

And how bad off is this sex ring if Rainbow Girl Crystal is their best hooker -- you know, the one who runs off, gets scared, hates her job....yeah, those kinds of girls make awesome hookers.

 

Exactly.  The only reason women talk to each other anymore on this show is about the man that is currently humping them.  Or one they want to hump.  Hell, look at the Phyllis/Lauren/Michael scenes last week (or 2 weeks ago.  the days tend to run together) - it was all about Phyllis complaining about how much time Billy spends with Victoria.  No mention of Fenmore's and that online dressing room crap they peddled a few months ago.  I suppose that the department store is back to being profitable!  Macy's and JCP could learn a few things from these people

Please register in order to view this content

 

The Hilary/Cassiah scenes this week have been particularly horrible.  Hilary playing the heartless bitch and poor ol goodie two shoes Cassiah.  Ugh.  Honestly, these are supposed to be professional writers?  I think they should take a look at some old school soap heroines like Rita Bauer.  Brigitte Reardon.  Hell, even on their own show with Nikki.  No one is interested in one note characters, "good" or "bad"...

 

I sorta-kinda liked Tessa initially but she is getting on my last nerve.  And those googly eyes she makes when Zac walks in a room are truly WTF moments.  You're right - if they do know each other, why keep it a secret?  Hell, why was she keeping the fact Crystal was her sister a secret for so long?  It makes no sense.  If she truly has no idea about his role with the sex ring, that's even more of a non-reason for them to act like they don't know each other.  If she does know, no one else does (apparently not yet anyway) so again, why act like y'all don't know each other.  Unless Tessa is involved in the sex ring as well?!?!  Which would be .  Jeez, I've given myself a headache trying to make sense of this crap.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I don't get the Tessa character or the fascination the show has with her. I don't hate all newbies but she literally does nothing for me. I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] that some unknown character that's her sister is in the sex ring. I don't care that she knows Zack. I don't care that she loves Mariah. I just don't care about this bitch at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Are they killing Hilary off or what? 

 

Tessa and her secrets. That she knows Zach will come out with even less fare than the revelation that Chrystal is her sister. 

 

At this point, they're writing her so badly that it doesn't matter to me.  I flove Mishael, but clearly the show is not invested in her character.

 

1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

I don't get the Tessa character or the fascination the show has with her. I don't hate all newbies but she literally does nothing for me. I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] that some unknown character that's her sister is in the sex ring. I don't care that she knows Zack. I don't care that she loves Mariah. I just don't care about this bitch at all.

 

+1  Yaaas!

 

14 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Y&R has become a real chore to watch lately.

 

+1 It has really gone downhill in record time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

12 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Y&R has become a real chore to watch lately.

^True

However I gotta say I'm loving the fact that Sally has Sharon and Nick teaming up to uncover the truth in this sex ring story. It's obvious where her loyalties lie, as she's been hinting at a possible reunion between them (further in the future) since she started.  Plus Sharon is the only way I can stomach Nick these days as I have zero investment in him and Chelsea and I'm not inclined to go through Nick's 1000th time feuding with Victor.

 

So are Cane and Hillary frienemies ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
33 minutes ago, GMac said:

 

At this point, they're writing her so badly that it doesn't matter to me.  I flove Mishael, but clearly the show is not invested in her character.

 

 

+1  Yaaas!

 

 

+1 It has really gone downhill in record time. 

 

 

Nah, this sh!t was brewing from the moment ZzzzzzzzallyMal took over.  You guys just didn't want to see it and some were very nasty to others who didn't like this crap in December.  You know who you are.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
43 minutes ago, GMac said:

 

At this point, they're writing her so badly that it doesn't matter to me.  I flove Mishael, but clearly the show is not invested in her character.

 

 

+1  Yaaas!

 

 

+1 It has really gone downhill in record time. 

 

 

Same here. I find myself wishing they'd kill her off so I can move on with my life and wash this show out of my hair for good. 

53 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

 

^True

However I gotta say I'm loving the fact that Sally has Sharon and Nick teaming up to uncover the truth in this sex ring story. It's obvious where her loyalties lie, as she's been hinting at a possible reunion between them (further in the future) since she started.  Plus Sharon is the only way I can stomach Nick these days as I have zero investment in him and Chelsea and I'm not inclined to go through Nick's 1000th time feuding with Victor.

 

So are Cane and Hillary frienemies ????

 

Cane and Hilary are about to be paired up. That's very clear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
15 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

 

Nah, this sh!t was brewing from the moment ZzzzzzzzallyMal took over.  You guys just didn't want to see it and some were very nasty to others who didn't like this crap in December.  You know who you are.   

 

+100000000000

 

I don't get the "oh my gosh the show is so bad now" outcries. This is the same boring drivel we were getting when this regime first started. You get 3 or so weeks of decent character interactions and mini arcs that end up leading nowhere truly interesting. Rinse lather repeat.

 

I agree that Tessa is the worst of all the newbies. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to care about this girl or for her forced angst when she's been given nothing but a red carpet roll out from all of Genoa City's elites. I honestly can't wait for them to chicken out on this lesbehonest story (you know its going to happen) and write her off. She sucks and can take bland Zack the pimp with her.

 

Juliet and Hilary could have been a great pair, but for whatever reason they laced every interaction with Hillary attacking and threatening her out of nowhere. I could never buy them as genuine friends now which sucks because Hilary needs a female companion (I guess the stuff with Phyllis works but meh) and so does Juliet if she's going to make it on the show past this pregnancy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • On Soap Opera Network

  • Community Posts

    • @Kane    LOVING Thanks to the work of @GymnastGuy, a bunch of dates I didn't have before have been added. I cross-checked last night and here are new dates I added plus a few new characters and actors.     LOVING Barrett Alden    Michael Piontek     1994   Cabot Alden      Wesley Addy       1983-91; 1994-95   ** Tony Bennett      Tony Bennett      1990   ** Anna Boudreaux    Susan Egan    1994   Leonard Brill     Robert LuPone        1994        ** Eric Brooks     David Aaron Baker   1994-95     ** Dr. Fogelson    Armand Schultze       1994     ** Tommy Fontana     Joe Siravo     1994-95   Dr. Godsham     Forrest Compton     1992-93   Dr. Greenhill     Peter Kluge            1995   Dr. Lisa Helman      Alice Hirson       1993 Mike Jenkins    Michael Gigante      1994    Tanya ___ Johnson     Charlotte Gibson       1995   Professor Lutvak   John DeVries      1992     ** Private Investigator Parker   Richard Council        1995** Amy Sanders            Tracey Birdsall Smith    1985-86   Dean Alvin Shanks    William Severs   1992-93   John Sowalsky      P.J. Brown         1994   Selena Walker     Susan Cameron    Cooper's governess    1992 Kate Sowalsky Rescott Slavinsky Warren       Patti Karr     (2-day temporary replacement)   1995   ** Harold Waxman  (AKA Possum)   Floyd Vivino       1993   Andrea      Joan Buddenhagen    1994   Dolly that dated Mac Huston    Nora Mae Lyng     1993   Eddie                   Mark Bateman        1995   Fred the mugger    Lou Milione    1993  Jeanne, JJ's nanny    Molly McKenna     1992-93   Barfly        Don Imus            1983 Jerry the dealer    Evan Neumann     1995   Keith    James C. Burns    1992 Giselle the massage therapist    Camryn Manheim    1995**** Timmy, Mei-Lin's son     ?????       1988   Kirk, Frankie's friend     Shane McDermott   1994  ** Vicky    Larissa Collins       1995   Bartender    Butch McClain         1993 Airline Representative   Stephanie Ziznik    1994   Cops      Steve Altes    1995              Carolyn Romberg    1994 Delivery Man  Don (Baldaramos) Durrell   1990                          Andrew Stephen Lee     1995 Janitor      Robert Dolan      1994   District Attorney    Stephanie Berry    1995   Reporter        John Kelly             1992          Thief   (robbed Deborah)     Jack Gilpin     1995 Saleswoman      Joy Franz     1995  * Plainclothes Policeman      Tom Galantich    1993* Minister           Robert Colston     1995   Therapist        Ken Land    1994   Hotel Maid   Le Clanche du Rand    1994    Lou Pfister       Zach Grenier     1988     Lawyer *** signify hopper additions to be made.     @GymnastGuy  Here are a couple of character last names for imdb Anna Boudreaux    Susan Egan    1994     Mike Jenkins    Michael Gigante      1994    Tanya ___ Johnson     Charlotte Gibson       1995           THE EDGE OF NIGHT Jetsetter      Alan Feinstein  1969 one day -two months prior to his role as Jim Fields   Announcer     Jay Jackson    1980     from a recently posted episode.       CAPITOL Doctor with Thomas   George Kee Cheung    1986
    • I am sure I said it here before, but Sonny as a character should have ended when he left Brenda at the altar.  It would have been the perfect character arc.  The power he craved cost him the family and love wanted as well.  Too bad Mo didn't make it big when he left.  I loved Sonny.  I still have love for him and MB, but you can't tell me 99% of what has happened with Sonny since hasn't been a dumpster fire for the show and the character.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy