Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL By the time Mal's work begins Zack will own Genoa City in exchange for Crystal and a handful of magic beans.

Please register in order to view this content

Zack doesn't have to leave. Y&R has kept Cane & Kevin around for decades and they're both every bit as bad as Zack.

That would mean Y&R making any and/or all of the characters involved in that story worth rooting for.

And between Lily's/CK's SECOND fauxmance with an actor of color, Daniel Goddard's (and Cane's) constant whining and LA receiving less airtime now than she did before Juliet got pregnant it's not gonna happen.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although ITA that Daniel Hall is lackluster, Jude Law could currently be playing Scott and the character would still be a failure because Y&R never had a clear idea of who the character was before recasting him.

Hilary and Phyllis should never be friends.

• Members

@Antoyne @DeeeDee Why can't Jack Hilary and Phyllis be friends? Honestly I'd rather see Hilary around characters that like her, but also are far from perfect. Jack serves more as a mentor/father figure, while Phyllis more of a gal pal. It's not like Hilary would be in the middle of Phack relationship drama because hopefully that book has been closed forever. 

• Members

Jack and Hilary being friends is fine.

Hilary and Phyllis would never be friends (for several reasons).

If anything Jill, Lauren and/or Nina should be in mentorship roles to Hilary but that would mean Y&R focusing on character based writing and investing in women over 40 who aren't MTS, Eileen Davidson or Sharon Case.

• Members

I don't blame Ordway. I blame the writing. They make Abby whiny and needy and desperate all the time, and she needs constant validation. MO is playing what's written.

I don't want Emme Rylan back, either. I liked her previous run, but her stint on GH as Lulu has ruined her for me -- forever.

It's a shame because TB has been good lately. Her scene yesterday in Jack's office was very strong. 

I just have have to smh at Brash & Sassy's numbers turning around in one week -- and all because of Fenmore's. This is how to write a business story?

I don't enjoy storylines where babies are given serious illnesses or disabilities. Do you really trust this show to realistically portray a child with CF? I don't.

• Members

The only reason that Hilary and Phyllis have these friendly scenes is cause the show realized that Phyllis needed a talk to.  TPTB has no interest in Phyllis' long term friend,  Michael. So they decided to use a character they want to write for. Plus, that triangle has been a lackluster fail since it started so they are throwing Hilary in it to give it boost like they've done most stories since around May. They've even inserted her into Mattie and Reed's romance. *sigh* 

Phyllis is not the friend I'd have chosen for Hilary but it's nice to see her smiling and happy instead of fighting/rivaling in EVERY scene. 

• Members

Lauren looked like Morticia dressed up for Halloween in Tuesday episode.  The eye shadow alone was horrid.  Marla Adams is a revelation.  Charlie/Reid has to be one of the worst pairings since Joey and Jade on Days.  NO.  Get rid of the twins. Stupid.  I was hoping Mal had gotten smart and replaced personal trainer, Max Shippee, as Graham.  What is wrong with the casting director and producers to fill this role with a non-actor.  I was hoping Graham returned with a different face, personality and acting skills but Shippee announced on his Facebook that he's filmed more shows airing in Sept.   I had said that Sally's only redeeming grace was the return of Dina but I am going to admit that the Crystal/Tessa story is starting to gel and feels more preachy, classic Bill Bell-esque.  The actress playing Tessa has grown a lot in a short period.  Victoria's character needs a rest.  I've never connected with Amelia's version and especially under Sally.  I'm not feeling the connection with JT's Billy either. Amelie looks tired and we are too.  Take a sabbatical girl!  

• Members

What an amazingly terrible show!  Shameful what has become of YR.  I was home yesterday and checked it out, but only until Days came on.  Been hearing good things about Days.  Will DVR it today.  

When Mal fails (he was the EP that green lit all of Zzzzzzzzally's junk and possibly helped construct the weak ass "stories"), CBS should consider letting Angie McD go as well because to keep Mal on as EP and HW is just piling on mistake after mistake!  

Archived