Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

MMM-HMM. Well said.

I want the show to be great, but I'd settle for pretty good. Unless I'm visiting my mom and she has it on, I honestly don't miss it. The recaps are just not compelling enough to draw me back in. Same with B&B.

I'm sure part of it has been streaming (binge-watching) shows like Reign, Quantico and Voyager during the past few months - all those shows managed to successfully write strong women - I look at the SSM era of exceptionally weak and thirsty women who can't do anything without the acceptance, approval or insight of a man - and it's like yuk! And I'm a dude!  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's tough for me to let go of Y&R. I lost ATWT and had actually given up on it in mid-2008 before it was eventually cancelled. I don't want the same thing to happen to Y&R. It's why I'm hanging on, but barely. I record Y&R each day, but basically power through it on FFWD in about 5 to 10 minutes. The only things sort of keeping my interest are Dina and family, Faith and Sharon (but not Sharon's Cagney and Lacey story) and a little bit of Phyllis. I think it has more to do with actors involved more so than the writing.

To be honest, I should just probably take it off the recorder and read the recaps like you guys do. Getting tired sums it up nicely.

Archived