B&B: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't Eric used to be more elegant and handsome...even kind of attractive...or am I looking bac k at the showneith rose colored glasses?

I think Sheila's return would have worked better had our lovely eadwriter mapped out how she would be spending the year instead of just plotting her return.

Her return in 1995 was done quite well...and her spending the next year or so trying to prove she changed was well written.  She even interacted with other characters outside the Forrester like Grant, Michael and Maggie.  Though we must remember Sheila was responsible for Amber being forced on us all those years.  I still think it a shame she wad written off in 1998.  Though at the same time..i wish the show and y and R had kept her off the canvas...making viewers wonder when she would strike.  This return could have worked if she hadn't come bac k so many times between 1998 and 2017.

So Caroline is finally retuening...and instead of an organic conflict...with Thomas feeling a pull toward his son and a budding relationship with Sally with Caroline not interested in being with Thomas just co parenting...we are redoing the same ole same ole..and it makes no sense.  Steffy interfering is the only thing that makes sense...but Caroline doing an about face makes no sense.

• Members

Did he even do that? It seemed he had Katie go crazy out of nowhere just so he could have her as a red herring for Sheila's arrival, which fell flat as she is just picking up where Katie left off. Even though it sucked, all that build up with Katie vs Quinn over the last few months was for nothing. There really doesnt seem to be much substance here with Sheila

• Members

@Cheap21 love or hate it, B&B is the best in business at moving/shifting characters and stories in a blink. Just six weeks ago, it was all about Lizzy and H8ie. Now Wigole is laughing it up in swim wear (off screen) and H8ie is back to Lamie and ready to jump on WyNot - after crying and hugging Quinn last week. Talk about a WTF moment! 

• Members

There is no purpose for Sheila. I don't know why she was brought back other than to bring up ratings. She is a dud this time around. I don't think she will last the year. This will be another failed attempt by Brad. He needs a co-headwriter so that person can give him storyline ideas because he has clearly run out of them.

• Members

Nothing.  The hotel scenes were so hard to watch.  Horribly written, directed, and acted.  Nobody's motivations made any sense (well, maybe except Steffy shooting Sheila, but that mess was so laughable).  Eric seriously looks like a lost, helpless old man suffering from dementia and that's the only thing that would make any sense regarding this character at this point.  He serves no more purpose beyond a plot point and set prop anymore.  You could literally see John McCook grasp for some kind of motivation for the way Eric has been acting, especially towards Steffy at the hotel.

• Members

I can't even watch.  Can't bring myself to do it.  Still trying to make that old fool, Eric, front burner with these young women going bat chit over him?  Then I see a promo of his pathetic ass all depressed and the only person he can count on or trust in a seedy hotel room is that wacko Sheila?  GMAFB!!!!!  Put this old goat in Shady Pines and tells some real stories about glamorous people doing shady but interesting things in LA!  

• Members

This.  Living in a Seedy Hotel.  Honestly I remember Stephanie being Homeless while the Forresters were basically the Kardashians. World famous.  No one noticed she was in a Homeless Shelter in LA.  Kind of like no one ever notices any of them - but they go to Monaco or Australia and are world famous there. 

Why doesn't Wyatt's amazeballs social media work in his own hometown? Works great in Paris, Australia, Monaco. Nothing happens in communication or social media in LA.

Archived