Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia Heinle did better this week when she stood up and demanded Juliet end things. She can rise to the occasion but moping over Billy does nothing for me and is beneath the character of Victoria. I just want more fire in her belly. I want range of emotion. She's so flat sometimes it's frustrating.

• Members

I've been watching Y&R since about 1988 so that answers that question and there were plenty of stories. And no I don't watch Game of Thrones but what the hell does Thrones have to do with Y&R?  

So Jack marrying Nikki to get back at Victor on the same day that Victor was intending to propose to Nikki wasn't a story? And then Victor making a deal with Jack that he'd give the Abbotts full control of Jabot if he stayed away from Nikki and the kids forever wasn't a story? Or on the day that Nikki is about to tell Victor that she will leave Jack for him she finds out she's pregnant - that's not a story?  And then Nikki falling off her horse, having a miscarriage and getting addicted to alcohol and pain meds wasn't a story? WHAT?  Let's go to the Winters family - there were no stories there? Is that the claim lol? 

If you disagree or just love Sally that's fine, but lets not pretend that there were never really stories during the Bill Bell era. There are full episode clips from that era in the Classic Y&R thread for your viewing pleasure that prove otherwise. 

Sure. There's a bunch of tv shows I have enjoyed - VEEP, The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Carmichael Show, Fargo....what do any of those shows have to do with my dislike of current Y&R?

There is entirely too much singing. Even the snippets of music is too much frankly. 

I wasn't talking about the actress playing Tessa, I was talking about the character. But if you think it's riveting for Nikki to spend her once a week scenes counseling some boring moping street kid and playing Casio keyboard in a dirty bar - by all means lol. 

I care how small the B&S office is. The entire premise of B&S being in the basement of Jabot was stupid, and yes the fact that it's a terribly cramped set just adds to the reason why Brash & Sassy doesn't work. 

I'm getting my opinion on people phoning in their performances from actually watching the show. It'll be fun watching actors (besides maybe Greg and MCE) struggle to find anything worthwhile to submit for Emmy consideration at the end of this year. They shouldn't even waste their time frankly. Also let's not act like a ton of people in the cast haven't been bitching on Twitter and Instagram and very few have been overly enthusiastic about anything on the show in the last 6 months. 

No comment on the Y&R ratings/demos and Sally's difficulties with it or her needing a co-HW? I figured. Look, I never had much faith in Sally anywhere. She's pretty much failed every place she was given a solo HW position (JFP even fired her from Hollywood Heights) but I was hopeful that she'd write an interesting show and perhaps turn things away from the ugly ugly downslide that started for Y&R ratings and demo-wise in September and October. She hasn't actually managed to do one positive thing in terms of viewers or demos and that's because again it's a boring show where nothing happens.

There are so many people saying this is classic Y&R and this is just like the old days of Y&R (I frankly think that is an insult to Bill Bell but if we're going with that)....am I to understand that people think it's a good thing for a show, in 2017, to be written the same way it was written in 1989? 

• Members

My issue with B&S started in the very beginning when it had 3 CEOs doing the work that low level employees did. They could have hired some of the younger cast members to work there to give it a more legit feel. But as things stand, it comes across as exactly what it is. Some plot point to push the pairings and rivalries the show wants to feature. It's much like GC buzz that way. 

• Members

Mariah needs to be running the coffee house..or at least being a manager trainee.  Her snarky and cynical personality would fit in perfectly...nust like when Jana helped run the coffee house back in the day.

Mariah working at GB Buzz and dating Devon...doesnt work.  Mariah and Hilary as frenamies...works..imho

• Members

+1

I was so happy when Jack evicted them and hated they got around that.

Yep

Although I don't mind Noah bartending at the dirty bar Nick owns, but Nick should have bought the coffee house back instead of opening that dive bar and Noah should be slinging coffee

Archived