Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

@KMan101 I agree. The writing for Hilary is terrible. Why again did she insert herself into this Juliet story? And why did she take herself out and grow a concious about it?  

How hard would it have been to write her ONE scene with, say Mattie, talking about how important her family is to her to give Hilary a change of heart. This is out of thin air to me although I think Jordan dumping her was supposed to be some turning point and a wake up call. But I'd have to believe she cared about him to buy that. Or was it that she was silently struggling with what to do  anyway since she wanted to talk to Devon prior to being dumped by Jordan? Needing his guidance. Ugh. She's not a child. So is the story that Devon was right to try to control her cause she's incapable of controlling herself? This mess is all over the place and bordering on offensive. 

Why don't you like Abby and Scott? 

I think the show is phasing EB out. He's on but not ON. If you get my meaning. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Abby and Scott don't work because both, as individuals, are huge directionless bores.  I like the idea (man falls for bosses daughter he "hates") but neither is doing this story justice.  And the "actors" don't have what it takes to elevate mediocre writing.  

• Members

I think the actors are bores (Abby/Scott). I do think there's potential, on paper. I like the idea. I don't know. I guess I'm torn on it.

I agree about EB. I feel like he's lost interest, but maybe that's me. I can't say I blame him. The writing for Victor over the last decade has been dreadful, but I think he ate up Victor as the moustache twirling villain, but I could be wrong.

I have no clue what they're trying to accomplish with Hilary. The Jordan breakup, her scenes with Devon this week. Although seeing Devon and Hilary again I was reminded of their spark so that was nice.

+1

• Members

I don't. Y&R can't write for the actors of color they currently have on the canvas properly. It's in AC's best interest to remain recurring. 

Sharon is in a love triangle with Corporate Hannah Montana and Grubby Richard Engel. This is why daytime is in trouble.

Archived