"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She is now blaming Ambien. She appears to have downshifted in mood and is suddenly retweeting rebuttals of all her horrible whatabout tweets quoted above (not that that excuses a thing). Granted, we've been saying it for like thirty years but this woman needs serious help.

Edited by Vee

• Members

What I really find odd about this is she doesn't mention the fact that she had a traumatic brain injury. It's not an excuse, but I would bet $1,000 it's part of the problem along with her other documented mental illnesses. She clearly has poor impulse control.

Does she deserve a show or a platform?  Hell no. I'm ashamed I watched as much as I did, knowing as much as I did about her past.  She may not have been as bad in the 90's, but she did falsely (by her own admission) accuse her parents of incest back then. Hell, maybe that is as bad or maybe these things can't be compared.

• Members

She would've been better off blaming one of her multiple personalities.

That's probably because she has forgotten that she had told that lie once upon a time.

Why does it not surprise me that someone would label SG a "backstabber" for not defending Roseanne?  She would've had to have been a moron for defending anyone who'd make such vile statements about other people.  As I see it, though, SG actually did Roseanne a favor by making the revival happen.  Because, before then, what was Roseanne doing with herself besides stirring the pot on social media and having the most tiresome custody disputes with ex-hubby no. 3?  SG owes her nothing.

Oh well.  Is Brett Butler available?  Maybe they could revive "Grace Under Fire."  I'm kidding.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Maybe they already pulled it. Last time I saw it air was like two weeks ago. But, the bumpers for "Day Camp" still had her in them as of last Friday.  

I didn't know they already pulled it. It'll come back...I hope. 

They pulled Too Close For Comfort after like 2 weeks a while ago and now they run it all the time. 

• Members

She is now RT'ing even more Valerie Jarrett conspiracy theories along with attacks on the cast - people who have stood by her for decades, people like Sara and Michael who stuck their necks out for her and have always been close to her. I wish I couldn't potentially see this ending one very specific, very sad way.

And since we're on SON, OLTL's own chimes in:

Edited by Vee

• Members

This is why you can't put Trumpers in positions of responsibility. These people think they can act like him. Like they can go off in public and just randomly attack people for no reason. They think they can violate the social contract with no consequences. Just like with that racist New York lawyer, people are more prepared to slap these people down hard.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised  if Sara Gilbert avoids acting for good after this mess, but like Vee and others have said for the last few months, I do think Sara has given a very strong performance - certainly more than I would have expected. This could have come across as a vanity project for her but her work genuinely didn't, and the bits I saw were much closer to the Darlene of the first 4-5 years of the show, a character I loved, and a character who later became a bad self-parody. 

I wish she could go back into acting, maybe giving some recurring roles to some of the cast members from Roseanne who aren't likely to bounce back (like Lecy, Michael Fishman, or Natalie West). 

There's no "bright spot" to any of this, but the one thing I can say as a fan of those first 4-5-6 years I'm glad that I got to see a DJ, Becky and Darlene that I would have wanted them to be (or close enough, anyway) and that I got to see Crystal one last time. No matter how much Roseanne ruined this show (over and over), at least she can't take that away from me.

Edited by DRW50