"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it's a decision that speaks well to them, though, and maybe to the nation at large. There are still things we can't countenance and can walk back from. And frankly I suspect a lot of the cast and crew would've walked along with Wanda Sykes and Sandra Bernhard even if ABC had waffled. That was certainly the tone I got from Sara Gilbert's initial comments, and I can't see Laurie Metcalf or John Goodman being far behind. Those are all people who stuck with Roseanne day in and day out through all her craziness in the '80s and '90s, but this was too far.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, I forgot her as well. I also can't see the parents of the two child actors (especially Jayden Rey) allowing them to remain. Ames McNamara was so good, BTW. I hope he gets something quickly. That's another tragedy, losing Darlene and her son's dynamic and what was obviously planned to be a long-running thread with David continuing to recur.

Edited by Vee