"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually think continuing the show without Roseanne would be interesting.. since Darlene and, to a lesser extent, Becky really carried a lot of the load in this last season.  Perhaps Jackie could then be presented like a functional adult instead of the village idiot the show and Metcalf kept insisting on playing/writing.

• Members

SMH.

(I just KNOW that Mama Khan's gonna recite that garbage about Michelle Obama being behind the cancellation the minute she hears it.  Fox News and all those yahoos on YouTube have done such a number on her.  Frankly, I've come to have little respect for my own mother, which is heartbreaking.)

Don't get me wrong, I'll always appreciate the efforts to keep the rest of the cast and crew employed.  However, if the rest of the cast were allowed to continue, then it would have to be as a new series, and they would have to play new characters who, in no way, shape or form, resembled anything on "Roseanne."  That's because, given Roseanne's temperament, I wouldn't be surprised if their efforts were met with cease-and-desist letters from her and her attorneys.  Sort of like how Suzanne Somers' initial efforts to move past "Three's Company" on CBS were stymied by the show's producers, claiming that she and the network were infringing upon their rights to the character of Chrissy Snow.

• Members

Well, Rosey, we just wish you had remembered Laurie and John, along with everyone else who worked on your series, before you chose to tweet out your racist garbage.

I wouldn't worry about LM or JG, though, or any of the other actors.  If nothing else, the revival put them in enough producers' consciences for next pilot season.  So, they'll land on their feet quite nicely.

You, on the other hand, Rosey, should be worried.

Meanwhile:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/netflix-abc-roseanne-shade-one-day-at-time-1202400515/

Edited by Khan