"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

Career-wise Metcalf, Goodman and Gilbert will be fine. They don't need a sitcom. Michael Fishman and Lecy Goranson kept busy with their own things, but being on the #1 show in America was definitely a huge step up for them again. This changed their life and now it's changed again.

Roseanne's alleged stand-in for some of the early years tells a story.

John Goodman is not talking much.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If it's actually being considered then I'm sure her ownership stake is a consideration in mind. If there's no other legal loophole (and there may be), they could give her GTFO money - if she'd take it.

I don't know how long the retooled show would last but hell, The Hogan Family ran years without half the longtime goodwill. I would give it a shot. And while I personally don't need David around full-time (and I like David, but I think the recurring role they were setting up for him here worked) if they got Johnny Galecki back full time that would be a boost in terms of TV star wattage. Not that Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert aren't potentially enough.

That said, while Sara and ABC/Werner are reportedly floating the idea I imagine the cast is so disgusted and heartbroken they don't want anywhere near the memories right now. And that's very valid.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  But if that doesn't work, could we at least ask Joan if she were interested?  Because, I got a killer way of introducing her onto the show.  (You see, it's just like when she made her first appearance on "Dynasty."  She steps onto the Connors' front porch from her (off-stage) limo, wearing a similar dress and hat.  Everyone's inside the house, peering through the living room windows, wondering who in the world would show up at the Connors in a limousine?  She rings the doorbell, the family scrambles to see which one will open the door, Dan says it's HIS house and he'll open HIS door; and when he does, asking who it is, she lifts up her head and it is Alexis -- I mean, it's Ronnie.)

• Members

I read that. I think he's right. It's actually a very intelligent interview - much better than his silly tape obsession of the last few years. 

Laurie Metcalf's poor daughter ended up getting grilled over the show ending and about Roseanne's career prospects.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/967489/ITV-Good-Morning-Britain-Richard-Madeley-car-crash-interview-Ranvir-Singh-GMB-watch-video

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Once again, Tom Arnold's coming out as a voice of clarity and I feel SO unclean.

Maybe Roseanne IS afraid of her own successes.  I dunno; and frankly, after everything that's transpired, I don't care.  Get help, don't get help, makes no difference to me either way.  Just go away, you racist piece of [!@#$%^&*].  Go. Away.

This is not the same thing and you know it.

You can kindly go away as well.