"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

I know Matt Williams had control for the first 13 episodes... and I liked those episodes even if they felt a little run by the numbers... and she had more input in the final episodes of the 1st season (I wonder if Matt Williams had stayed in control if Roseanne would have left the factory or not).

I think Tom Arnold (as much of a train wreck as Roseanne) had good ideas and vision.. and when he was running the show.. the show evolved and gelled.  I think the shift happened once season 7 started and he was no longer in the picture... then it became a show I didn't recognize.  I usually only watch the first five seasons... and only the Halloween episodes in season 6 through 9 (sad there won't be any Halloween episode this fall

Please register in order to view this content

Sara Gilbert had the acting chops.. effortlessly doing drama and comedy without batting an eye.  And we know she's acting because she's so not Darlene in real life   

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The first season was really not the show that became famous, at least not the brief first half of it Williams ran. It was a start, but it wasn't there. And I think Roseanne was right to fight Williams and win.

• Members

And like with Trump, people are lured into believing that she won't succumb to her worst impulses ('oh look, there's Trump acting presidential, let's put him on the list for a Nobel Peace prize') despite years of evidence to the contrary.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Serves that heffa right!  Laying off one's racist views on over-the-counter medication is about as cheap as anyone could get.  That's like killing an openly gay man and then claiming "the Twinkies made me do it!!".  No, Rosie.  You said something that was deplorable  -- a lot of somethings that were deplorable, in fact -- and you put yourself and other, innocent people out of work in the process.  Live with it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

She thinks being a "comedienne" gives her a pass to offend everyone in the name of humor.  But I can't think of a single comic whom I've admired over the years (save for Eddie Murphy) who ever crossed that line.  And that's including Joan Rivers and Richard Pryor.

Edited by Khan

• Members

...Sigh...

Well, it was gonna happen, sooner or later:

I wonder if he walks into each room, saying "President Donald J. Trump," like Denny Crane used to announce his name on "Boston Legal."  Also, the way he refers to himself in the third person, then in the first, makes it sound as if he and "President Donald J. Trump" are two different people.  Madness.

Edited by Khan