"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know I purposely buried my head in the sand regarding anything Roseanne said/did/tweeted pre-2018, so this whole mess has been disheartening and sad, as a longtime supporter of her as a comedienne and a huge fan of the original "Roseanne" series, which I still maintain is my all-time favorite sitcom. 

I really hope she seeks mental health treatment. If we're seeing Gabby and Tess and Niki in action, I'ma need Roseanne's gatekeeper to keep 'em all in check. 

• Members

You know, it's one thing for her to lash out at her former castmates, but this targeting of Black women -- first, Whoopi; then, Ms. Dungey and Michelle Obama (!); and now, Wanda -- just proves EXACTLY why many are shedding no tears over this situation.

Oh, and Rosey needs to shut the [!@#$%^&*] up and get the hell off Twitter.

Oh, please.  Her Jean Randolph gave notice YEARS ago.

From the piece:

You can’t be like, “Hey, we think [Trump voters are] wrong, so we’re going to shut them out and hopefully they’ll go away.” It doesn’t work like that. We have to understand where people come from and why people feel this way.

Listen, I understand where they're coming from and why they feel the way they do.  Which is why I feel perfectly fine shutting them out and hoping they'll go away.

(IOW: I am sick and tired of people asking others like me to empathize with the average Trump voter.  Okay?)

Preach!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I would be fine with another Reboot centered around Darlene.  I do wonder how they would explain Roseanne's absence. In the season finale for this current reboot the family was shown happy together after getting some much needed financial assistance. And Roseanne was preparing to get surgery for her knee. 

So I wonder how they would transition from that to a story centered around Darlene. Would they have something happen to Roseanne? Or would they maybe have Darlene move out of the house and have her family members interact with her, and just mention from time to time that Roseanne is off doing different things.