"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe if you want to we can still stay in this thread and you can just change the title to something like Roseanne/The Connors Revivals thread. Since the shows are so closely related and we already have a lot of good discussion going on in this thread.

• Members

I'm glad to hear it.

I doubt it'll have the ratings or staying power of the last season, but I am glad this cast and that creative team get a chance to continue. I'll be there.

Good to know all the originals are signed. I hope they'll be able to keep the kids, specifically Ames McNamara (Mark) and Jayden Rey (Mary).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Here is the series description of "The Connors" from the tvline article that @Jcar03 posted:

“After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. This iconic family — Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J. — grapples with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. Through it all, the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the breakdowns – with love, humor and perseverance, the family prevails.”

I wonder who has the unexpected pregnancy. I hope it's not Harris. Maybe it's Becky. We did find out that she wanted to have children though her chances of doing that are lower due to her age. Maybe she finally gets pregnant. Or maybe it's actually Darlene again and it's the result from her sleeping with David when he came back to town. 

• Members

My suspicion is Darlene.

I'm actually thrilled Laurie will still be there. I hope the loss of Roseanne will force the show to ease Jackie back into her earlier-season character (although Season 10's Jackie was fairly improved from what I saw so far).

Edited by Vee

• Members

very excited. The Conner family represents acceptance. I feel so blessed to be able to show that this fall on @ABCNetwork ❤️ #TheConners

VarietyVerified account @Variety
Roseanne Barr will, according to ABC, have no financial or creative involvement in the spinoff http://bit.ly/2K0DW8a 

• Members

I really wish they had just let this die. She is the one who fought to make it the classic it was. I understand that they couldn't go on with her, but they really shouldn't have gone on at all.

While I'm curious about what happens to the other characters, this show is so dear to me that I'm just going to pretend it ended after last season's finale. It is up to Sara Gilbert now to do what Roseanne did on the original show and fight for a certain vision of a working class family that deals with real problems... I just don't know if I trust her to do that when she hasn't lived that experience and Roseanne has.

Edited by juppiter