"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know if I or much of the audience will ever be able to buy Dan with another woman (if they go that route). To me, he doesn't seem like the type that would entertain another woman in his life (even if his wife is dead). 

They really need to lean heavily on Laurie Metcalf/Jackie as well and tone down the bizarre element of the character. Laurie doesn't have 2 Tony's, 3 Emmy's, and an Oscar nomination for nothing...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

In the season finale of this last reboot Dan (jokingly) broached the subject of moving on if something happened to Roseanne. He (jokingly) seemed like he was willing to do that.  He also told Roseanne that he wouldn't have a problem if she moved on with another man if he died. Roseanne told him she wanted him to be alone, if she died.

I do wonder if they would eventually have him try and move on with someone else. I do think he will be grieving for a while.

I am glad that Jackie will be staying around. I think that she will be a comforting presence to the family, if Roseanne dies.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here's an idea: let's say the Conners are in the middle of a big party to celebrate their move to Mississippi, where Roseanne has landed a new job managing a gas station, when Dan reads a telegram informing him that Rosey has been killed in an automobile accident.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that story's been done already.

Killing her off AND burning all her photographs.  That way, they'd never have to pay Roseanne for the use of her likeness either.

Please register in order to view this content