"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is Bill Mitchell's raging idiocy by nature or design? Pretending not to understand the crux of Barr's insult only shames Mitchell as well.

It's like if he saw a Westboro Baptist church sign which proclaimed, "F*ggots Burn!" and then dismissed its vulgarity by saying, "Well, you DO light cigarettes with a flame, don't you? Where is the hate speech in acknowledging some people smoke?"

Come on, Bill. If you are really that obtuse, of course I pity you, but methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

I'm pleasantly surprised that ABC was so quick with their response.

After everything that's happened since Trump moved into the White House and the direction society in general seems to have taken I have to admit I wasn't completely sure they would actually cancel her show. For once sanity and decency got the upper hand.

• Members

Is she in jail?  No.  She was free to say it and now she's free to pay the nonlegal consequences.

ETA: Although frankly, I wish George Soros would/could sue her.  Accusing him of being a Nazi, selling out Jews and stealing their property, when he was a 13 year old Jewish boy surviving an occupation should be actionable.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

This Vox article goes on to name the list of shows that dealt with the issues surrounding politics and class and the irony of The Middle, which wasn't nearly as heralded as the Roseanne reboot yet, according to Vox, tackled these issues even better than Roseanne did in the rebooted version of the show.

Roseanne was canceled. It isn’t the only sitcom tackling politics and the working class.

• Members

I'll have to tune in as well. It is a shame the show was canceled. I agree with my friend Tim in that they should've continued it without her and renamed it The Connors. 

I've got to give ABC credit though for canceling it and forgetting about how their ratings will go down the tubes again without Roseanne…LOL

They were still #1 in the ratings.