"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

They never used him anyway, which is a massive shame.

I still hate they ignore Andy. I can kind of understand it from a packed canvas type of deal but they're missing beats that could realistically have been played. I'd rather they ignore Jerry (which they seem to anyway). It's a bizarre choice. One hand understands it, the other doesn't.

I agree with John that Andy could have died (but they had to deal with Mark Sr.'s death as well as Roseanne's, to be fair) and Jackie 'erased' him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Apparently he's going to go visit his wife on her tour of duty overseas (who I guess guested last season).

They've indicated they'll still weave him in for guest spots but he was basically recurring anyway, and I haven't watched regularly in several seasons - I do intend to catch up someday, but Disney/Hulu makes it hard when they remove past seasons. It's pretty wild it's had what seems to be a strong, long run. It is nice if jolting to see Dan and Louise/Katey Sagal, Darlene and Ben (who I always liked) and Jackie and her new beau who I'm unfamiliar with all married. And I think Becky back to college.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I miss the cool character of Jackie. I forgot which season she started acting all "bafoony". I was hoping we'd get the ol' Jackie back for the reprisal, but nope. Then there was an episode where Jackie was imitating herself to be a bird to get some whipped cream. Oy! 

• Members

Yeah, to me, the character of Jackie was a very relatable character. I still watch 'The Conners', but it's missing something. It's missing a leading actress and Sara Gilbert (as much as I like her) ain't it. Jackie used to be a cool aunt, and in a way, she kind of guided Roseanne's kids to a certain extent. Instead, it's like Roseanne's kids look at her as a dope. That's not who Jackie was, or at least, that's not how I remember her. I think I started "tuning out" of Roseanne when they all went to Disneyworld. I think post-trip Disneyworld, I wasn't as invested in the show.

As far as the 'The Conners', I like their take on current social issues, but sometimes, it's too much to cram into a 30-minute comedy. And I don't like how everything is about Darlene. Do I want Roseanne Barr back? No. That woman is absolutely insane in the membrane. Has nothing to do with politics at all. It's all about being a decent human being.

Edited by Noel