"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah but they're acting like it was all him. They basically said he took the money Roseanne and Dan sent Becky. Did that happen? I Can't remember

I'm no Mark fan, but they're acting like he was a major villain. Dan even says "it took 25 years but I got Becky to blame Mark for all her problems"

• Members

From what I recall, Dan and Roseanne gave Becky money to go back to school...and she instead enrolled Mark in school.  And he failed out of school and wouldn't go back.

Ever since season 1 of OG Roseanne, Becky always was drawn to the bad boy and was willing to do anything to be with him (remember how she snuck out in season 1 in 8th grade for a guy?).

• Members

It was always established in the original show that Becky excelled in school and was popular. Basically that she had a strong future ahead of her, but when she eloped with Mark, she threw all that potential away to be with him. Thus her life was never able to be what it could have been.

Part of why she eloped with Mark in the first place was because she was pissed that Dan and Roseanne didn’t have enough money to send her to college.

• Members

From Deadline

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-conners-sara-gilbert-john-goodman-laurie-metcalf-lecy-goranson-deals-season-4-renewal-abc-writers-1234746237/

‘The Conners’ Stars Sara Gilbert, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf & Lecy Goranson Close New Deals As ABC Comedy Zeroes In On Season 4 Renewal

Edited by dragonflies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...