• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The show is definitely suffering by having Darlene's love life front and center every week.

The new agey boyfriend is not working for me -he presents as creepy. And she's barely broken up with Ben.

If Darlene went backburner a bit, then they could explore other characters/stories in with more depth.

• Members

Frankly, I think it's time for the writers (and for Sara Gilbert) to pursue Darlene in a same-sex relationship.  Because, IMHO, Sara has never been able to portray a heterosexual female convincingly.  Not even when she was on the old show and involved with David.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

https://tvline.com/lists/the-conners-finale-recap-darlene-jackie-wedding-season-5/?fbclid=IwAR2IQZYnXtS0uRj7U9oVpoTf0HDAzUc7-yjzNz8pb-vCsJx0lvS5IX9iazA

TVLINE | You’ve previously gone on record to say that Jackie’s son Andy is no longer canon, but you have yet to declare, one way or the other, whether ex-husband Fred (played by Michael O’Keefe in Roseanne Seasons 6-8) has also been retconned. Are you able to provide any clarity on the matter? As far as you’re concerned, does Neville represent Jackie’s first or second marriage?
HELFORD | We’re careful not to [have Jackie] say, “This is my only marriage.” I think the idea of her having had Fred in her life [remains]. The kid is not part of our universe. It’s a multiverse, as you know. The Roseanne multiverse.
CAPLAN | [Laughs] We’re the Spider-Man of sitcoms.
HELFORD | You never know when we’ll slip into another universe and find someone else.

• Members

A bit like some soaps in that some characters have been forgotten.

Anyway, the show has been renewed.

Having Darlene, Ben and Becky living together and Jackie married might provide some new things to explore.

Really it comes down to the writing.

I found things were getting pretty dire mid season, but the last few shows got better.

• Members

I'm happy for them - I like all the couples I know, though I don't know Jackie's new beau. Her vows were very sweet to watch in the clip they put up on YT. I love Ben, but then I lost track of the show around the end of Season 2 or early Season 3. I will binge it someday. I'm so glad they've mostly done the franchise right. It is a little surreal Dan is remarried to Louise too, but it's for the best.

The Andy retcon is still so stupid though.

Edited by Vee

• 3 months later...