Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nudes are no where near as interesting as cam. I don't have to be a teenage boy to know that. I think they were pretty smart to make this story about caming. Especially, since a teen boy looking at a nude is something many parents are smart enough to ignore, but you can't ignore your underage kid actually interacting with a "naughty nymph". It's basically the equivalent of being at a strip club.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they're doing with Fenmores what they did w/CI years ago merging them together to feature them.I guess that freshens up Jabot so it's not the same ole thing? But yet the main company is still headed by a man.

Even when Kay was alive they didn't want to give screen time to a large company headed by a woman. The only exception was when Jill was Kay's daughter and CI bought Jabot. Jill was with Ji-Min then. But none of it lasted very long, it reverted back to normal in no time. It's patriarchy only on Y&R.

I haven't picked up any interest in Jess/Jill or Chancellor Industries from any of the writing so far.

I had high hopes for the new writers but it looks like Sally's really into, I repeat, really into, Gloria. Judith Chapman must be the new pet because she's been on everyday, and there's no end in sight. So far most of the Fenmore story has been written around her.

Jill has been pushed to the periphery in a story where she should be featured. She was sent on a cruise without having a conversation with Jack, and only one conversation with Lauren. It's not like Jill not to be all over this. I guess Jess doesn't chew enough scenery for Sally. 

• Members

^ I'm not getting your point at all.  People pay to interact with sex workers live on the net all the time, so I don't think it's unrealistic that Reed would do that. He saw something he wanted and went for it. He's 15 years old, I don't think it's that surprising that he wasn't thinking with his big head when it came to payment method.

• Members

It's become the Gloria Show. I feel asleep and missed the whole second half hour of the show. That's how bored I was with the episode. I don't know where Sally Sussman thought that putting Gloria front and center would make must see tv.  And they are still talking about Dylan...how boring...who cares.

And Victoria and Nick's talk....zzzzzzz...two boring losers.

It's so sad how Victoria lost her backbone once AH took over the role.

Archived