Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Girl: don't get your panties in a knot.  Yes to all my criticisms.  I want to love the show and was excited about Sally/Kay return. Mal had a good first four months or so, but the production/lightening has gone down hill.  Sally's stories are thin and silly.  The Vickie/Reed scenes are straight out of James at 15 or some 80s after school special.  The Mariah/Hillary stuff is juvenile.  Peter Bergman has done so much lip biting with the thin and clunky Gloria material, I'm worried he's going to pop the silicon out of his lips.  Victor is sitting in the living room, being Grandpa Walton.  Mel phoned in her devastation at Dylan's departure.  Nick is doing nothing but running a club. He hasn't been interesting since he temporarily quit and came back after the plane crash (and that was brief).  Eileen Davidson should quit on the spot after being saddled with that no talent actor who played Stitch and now she's saddled with a recurring tech nerd, go nowhere story.  It's beyond the pale that they can't come up with a meaty story for her.  They're ruining Vickie's character (after she just had a hot affair with a stud, she's acting like June Cleaver on steroids now, makes  no sense).  What would have been more interesting is if Reed had played her, if she had given him a lot of latitude to be a hip teen, if she had encouraged his independence and dating and he ended up going overboard and doing stuff behind her back and risking the kids while playing the cool, hip son.  This stuff is just lame. I'm still watching in the hopes that something meaty kicks in but Sally needs to get on with it.

• Members

Nick is only bringing up Paprika for story purposes. Let's not pretend or act like their "romance" of one year is some epic love story that Y&R headwriters are going out of their way to pay homage to. Please.

SS is using Saggy and Adams death to bring Nick and Chelsea together because they both lost their spouse. It's a piss poor reason but it's clear that's why. 

Archived