GH: December Discussion

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really is a damn shame the way Lucas has been neglected. He should be interacting with Carly, Maxie, LuLu and so many other characters. There is no excuse for this BS.  GH got a reprieve when ABC couldn't come up with something to replace it. They should have jumped on that chance to modernize, but instead they are wasting it with the same old shite that nearly got them canned already.

• Members

Yep. They are wasting time doing the same old. And so is DAYS. It's sad. These soaps have the chance to stay on the air and modernize themselves but we get the same tired 80s/90s crap. At least Sally over at Y&R recognizes the shows can't be stuck with the same baby rabies and other plots that have kept them stuck. She gets it, but she needs to be able to deliver.

And ironically, there's a poll on SOD's website about Julian and Alexis and the "fans" still want them together even though he tried to kill her with a knife to her throat and she ran him over. I mean, it's just mind boggling that these people still root for this so-called couple after all of that. It's toxic and gross. WHY? It's actually kind of scary.

Lucas is such a missed opportunity.

Lucas is a legacy character who should be front and center. Yet Lucas has been MIA for months and months. I'm sick of seeing Alexis pouring baby bottles of booze in her coffee. All the soaps need to modernize themselves instead of badly emulating the 1980's. GH of the 1980's wasn't perfect but it was vastly superior to present day GH.

• Members

Less offensive (well, that's subjective) trash is still trash. It's all basic soap. It's nothing earth shattering, modern or groundbreaking.

Michelle Stafford acting like a teenager in heat, Carly and Alexis looking like fools, Lulu with baby rabies and nothing else going for her, Maxie has nothing going for her ....

This is smart and modern television? I really don't think so. Not in the slightest.

• Members

Lucas should be performing his duties at GH. Especially now that his mother Bobbie is back to work there. He should have had at least ONE scene with his sister Carly over the death of that giant turd Morgan. Interaction with his cousin Maxie and her mom Felicia.

Instead we get tales of the dying doc, Franko the art therapist hero(Zero), and Fifty Shades of Redzilla. Not to mention Jillian, who only really oozed sexuality with Bryan Craig.Julexis is tired and repulsive since he took the knife her throat.

• Members

In some ways this is the worst story of all.  How many women and families out there are dealing with domestic violence? How many stories do we see of women being killed by their SO every week. On GH we don't see a smart woman figuring out how to get out of the grasp of this kind of violence, we see them being blackmailed back into it. Talk about normalizing something that is toxic? Meanwhile, Alexis has three daughters at least one of whom was in an abusive relationship. It's unconscionable. I guess I could give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they aren't going to get back together, but the writers haven't earned that kind of faith from me. It's pretty obviously it's being considered.

• Members

Well said. Very well said. I've seen women in abusive relationships. I've witnessed it first hand growing up as a child. It's horrific. It's disgusting to me that this is all basically foreplay for them getting back together, and mark my words, that's exactly what this is about. And their so-called fans are just eating it up apparently. Makes me sick to my stomach. Be proud, Nancy Lee Grahn. Be proud.

• Members

• Members

Because he's realized he can't get work elsewhere and has to pay the bills? Chaturbate not paying those bills?

Jean should focus on writing GH and spend less time on Twitter engaging them then. Clearly one has her attention and the other doesn't. That much is apparent on screen. She should be so proud of the misogyny that she's writing.

Maybe she should ask her fired pal Ron how his Twitter wars turned out for him?

Archived