GH: December Discussion

• Members

Wow.  I had no knowledge of that quote.  One thing that proves how little JFP knew is the fact that today, viewers will practically do handsprings if JZ makes an appearance on the show!  I'm with those viewers--I wouldn't mind watching her make out, or whatever it is that contains some meaty material for her.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was about Scotty and Bobbie? I thought all along it was after those love scenes between Stefan and Bobbie. Some of them were pretty hot.

Part of what's so wrong about this is that GH viewers are not all young physically fit people so why make an assumption that all viewers want to see the same thing? One of my younger friends always said she liked watching soaps to see all of the generations. Back then it wasn't unheard of for older people to drive stories.

Then again, that's "Good girls are boring" JFP and it's how she thinks. No inclusivity in that woman's heart, that's for sure, although Frons was much the same way. He was more inclined to cast women by their bra size and not care about anything else.

• Members

I think Frank's pretty well aware that viewers want to see JZ and Bobbie. He just tweeted again about her. And man, do the fans get on him, but mostly in a good way. It's hilarious. One even has a hashtag #GHVetsOverFranksPets

Please register in order to view this content

And Jackie is so respectful towards the writers too she always thanks them for her scenes and Frank as well. I'm sure she wants to keep working and was screwed by the show for a while but it still makes me love her all the more for how she thanks them.

• Members

Correct!

I remember they set it up like Tony could be a suspect but I always thought that was going to be just a suspicion,  not an actual possible outcome.

I always thought Tony was judgemental and insufferable, from his relationship with Frisco to his marriage with Bobbie.  But his character was put through such an emotional time to turn him so angry and dark then just forget about him instead of building him back up was, IMO, a mistake.  I'm not saying I wanted him back with Bobbie.  But if I could have had a really great story building Tony back up and them ending up together over Roy's return, I would rather stick with Tony and forget Roy.

• Members

Tony Jones was never one of my favorites, but having worked with neurosurgeons, his attitude is pretty much the norm. They're definitely odd ducks. I worked for one guy who had a penchant for operating on the wrong side of people's brains or whatever and it was kind of Ooops, no big deal. He never got in trouble for malpractice either, which is seriously amazing.

However, Tony really got put through the wringer. BJ's death, Carly's BS games, Lucas' poisoning, Helena and Stavros, Jason breaking his hands. It was one of the worst roller coaster rides ever.

• Members

I asked Michele Val Jean on Facebook and she said it was never gonna be tony. They always wanted Liz's rapist to be a small character so it would be about Liz and then about Lucky learning about Luke raping Laura

• Members
Jackie Zeman @JackieZeman
Thank you @MichelleAltman1 @PFossil for the kickass scenes w @chloelanier Pure joy to play #ilovemyjob #GH @valentinifrank @GeneralHospital

An actor praising smarttv and what its done for them. Just awesomesauce the good news keeps coming

• Members

Thank you for researching this topic by going to a person who was involved with the development of the original story.  Her answer to you would be consistent with her confusion over hearing about the recent story line where Liz's rapist was kept in a dog cage.  Apparently, a "small character" wouldn't have gotten so much airtime by being put in a cage under her pen.  I'm sure Jelly had their reasons for that OTT development.  Perhaps it was an attempt on their part to shed the label of "Snooze Queens".  I would have expected something like the dog cage story from RC rather than Jelly.  I know there are alot of differing opinions, but I thought RC did OTT well.  IMHO, I think Jelly should stick to realistic drama and stay away from mob wars and mysteries.  Their version of mob wars and mysteries are a bit too talky for my tastes, though I do give them credit for trying.

Archived