GH: December Discussion

• Members
1 minute ago, victorlord75 said:

I think GH's best years of story were 1971 (Audrey accused of murdering Tommy's kidnapper), 1978 (Laura and the David Hamilton murder), 1979 (Heather Webber's LSD switcheroo), and 1980 (the whole Monica-Rick-Lesley triangle hit its peak).  There were alot of good moments in the 90s, like Stone's Illness and death, BJ's death, and the reactivation of the Cassadines, but I don't think the show had two worst years than 1976 and 1977.  Those two years were the ones for "GH" that were the worst by far, with 1991 (Gloria Monty's second stint) coming in third.  1976 and 1977 for "GH" were so bad, it even makes anything after 2000 look like award material, in my opinion.

Oh yeah the little I've seen of that period isn't good. Have you rewatched and of the '76 or '77 clips that are on Youtube? 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Just now, DRW50 said:

Oh yeah the little I've seen of that period isn't good. Have you rewatched and of the '76 or '77 clips that are on Youtube? 

I have seen some 1977 on YouTube, but virtually none of 1976, which is a testament to how bad it was.  Almost whole episodes were devoted to Bobbi Jordan's Terri Webber singing at her club.  The late actress was talented when it came to drama, but, and I hate to speak ill of the dead, her singing caused me to tune out more than once!

• Members
Just now, YRBB said:

Wasn't the 1976-1977 period was led GH to near cancellation, thus bringing Marland in?

Yes.  My mother was a faithful viewer of the show for many years, but after the blood bath that started in 1975, where Henry, Sharon, Lucille, Lee and his wife Caroline, and Jane were written out, my mother stopped watching and had zero interest in the new characters, including the newly created Webber brothers and their sister, Terri.  "I don't know these people that are on now," she complained.  And she never returned as a regular viewer before her passing.

• Members
13 hours ago, YRBB said:

I like Valentin. I want him.

While I do too, I said the same thing about Paul....then he got destroyed. These hacks will grind him to dust in favor of Big Red and the altar they have to Franco like everyone else ...

@KMan101...I've been trying not to engage, but I was already cranky from other things, and he hit my last nerve...

Laura, Tracy, Monica and Bobbi are at least written for by these 2, but Tracy should be dealing with ELQ, the hospital board,etc.. Bobbi/Monica at the hospital, and Laura has no apparent job. What about the old Deception rumors? Or her old job with runaways?

According to SOD, Michael is most ruined character...They don't even use him. The biggest mistake of the year was not making Sobby's kid his.. At least there'd be another Q out there...

• Members
10 minutes ago, victorlord75 said:

Yes.  My mother was a faithful viewer of the show for many years, but after the blood bath that started in 1975, where Henry, Sharon, Lucille, Lee and his wife Caroline, and Jane were written out, my mother stopped watching and had zero interest in the new characters, including the newly created Webber brothers and their sister, Terri.  "I don't know these people that are on now," she complained.  And she never returned as a regular viewer before her passing.

Thanks. Goes to show the power of beloved characters & how dangerous it is to treat them badly, or get rid of them.

8 minutes ago, slick jones said:

While I do too, I said the same thing about Paul....then he got destroyed. These hacks will grind him to dust in favor of Big Red and the altar they have to Franco like everyone else ...

This saddens me. God, I hope not. They have the opportunity to keep him around longterm, if only they don't turn him into an irredeemable monster.

• Members
2 minutes ago, slick jones said:

They had a solid actor in a legacy role and suddenly he was driveling about poor Susan.  BTW--no mention of Susan since, after Tracy and Dillon said they would take care of her....She must be hanging with Lucas...LOL!

Please register in order to view this content

And the bizarre thing about Lucas is his mother works at the hospital again! And instead of using Lucas they throw in a random dayplayer doctor.

• Members
13 minutes ago, slick jones said:

To them he would just be a dayplayer anyway..

His salary per episode may say otherwise... and I'm 100% sure it doesn't 'say' anything they'd like to hear.

Please register in order to view this content
 Cheap bitches!

Archived