Days: Axes 4 Actors

• Members

Don't care about Lani or Summer but surprised about Shawn and Belle. One of the few things I'm intrigued with about this show is how they are handling Claire together. Not interested in the Shawn/Belle/Phillip redux but raising a teenager through divorce is more interesting. Of course, I think the young actress playing Claire actually has potential. I'd rather watch that dynamic then the grandfather crime fighters (John/Eddie) any day. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why Galen Gering is loved so much. He hasn't really improved since Passions and he's a dull male lead. He really needs a pairing where the women does the heavy lifiting for his character to work. And I don't even understand why Gabi was brought back. Camila spends more time working on outside projects than she does filming episodes because they have no story. 

• Administrator

I'm mostly disappointed about Martha leaving again. I've always loved Martha and I think she can handle any material given to her.  Belle is a lawyer and has a teenage daughter - there's so many storyline potential here.  Beemer is a capable actor, he's not terrible.  The son of Bo/Hope and the daughter of John/Marlena should be on the show.  They're in the late 20's/early 30's, they're in their prime and can do so much more. 

• Members

No she isn't, which always struck me as odd. As a result, she technically can't be fired so I'm sure she'll leave with Shawn and Belle.

I'm surprised how upset I am about Martha Madison being out. She struggled for a few months to find her footing as Belle again but has really found it lately. Hot ass mess Belle has been awesome to watch. She's been very confident in her hideous decisions which is somehow both embarrassing and liberating for the character. She somehow had more chemistry with JPL than with Beemer. In regards to Beemer, as someone said, they've done literally nothing with him and he's a bore IMO. They should've kept Martha and recast Shawn again.

A big ole BYE to Sal Stowers and Marie Wilson! I wish I could say I felt bad about Sal being let go because she was good on nuAMC but she was just wretched on DAYS. Horrific anti-chemistry with all of her costars. I wish her nothing but the best though. Will they recast Lani?

In regards to Summer...We thought Serena was the most botched new character on DAYS? NOOOOOPE. Look no further than Summer who literally popped up on a beach with her 45-year-old-not-passing-for-30s screechy duck lips out of one of Brady's (who I now loathe) wet dreams. PASS. Hopefully they make sure to undo her recent ties to Maggie before killing her off via drowning. It's only fitting. ;)

• Members

Yaasssssssss! AMEN TO THAT. God I can't deal with the horror that will ensue with JPL and Nadia. I'm curious to see how they play off each other though only because I think Nadia is close to Farah IRL. I wonder if Nadia will go bitching to Farah about how awful he looks and how shitty of an actor he still is. It'll be fun to imagine the backstage drama from it, if anything.

• Members

Belle is a lawyer? I never paid that much attention during her previous era, but based on the three episodes that I watched with her a few weeks ago, I would've never guessed. They made Belle act like a uneducated thirsty $$$. Wow. I'm truly floored. And, you're right, about other story possibilities - the scenes with Belle/Claire were the only ones where I saw potential. (Far better dynamic than Hope/Ciara.) 

• Members

I'm not happy about Beemer and Madison but I'm not overly shocked. I don't care about the other two. Summer was a waste and Lani had potential that a better actress could have done something with nothing. It's too bad Abe's daughter, Bo and Hope's son and John and Marlena's daughter are being written out. Welcome back, Higs!

It's a shame they think a constant cast turnover is what solves the writing problems.

• Members

I totally agree. They need someone with roots in this age range. Plus, as the children of Bo/Hope & John/Marlena, they keep with the show's legacy. It's all in the writing though, and they're either being written terribly (Belle), or just not at all. All the stories are so half-assed, like 50% of the action/reaction is happening off-camera and we're left to fill in the blanks when the characters are onscreen again. 

• Administrator

Yeah, it's all in the writing and not the characters themselves.  Shawn and Belle should be leading their generation.  This is DAYS not having a plan when they knew Alison Sweeney was going to leave, and the possibility of Kate Mansi leaving because she wanted to try other things.  With those things in mind, Martha Madison and Belle were the perfect choice to be the new lead younger lead.  Belle is someone we watched grow up, has ties to the community, is a legacy character, and Martha can act.  Plus, you know Martha will not leave the show on her own, she's a soap-lifer. 

Archived