Days: Axes 4 Actors

• Members

Interesting they fire these 4 but NB who is in the story with them all hasn't even aired yet. 

I think they should have kept BB. 

The new Ciara should have been the first on any DAYS cutting block.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These actors will not be missed. However, the character of Shawn deserves better. Personally, I would have left him in Maine once Jason Cook made it clear he didn't want anything long term, and not even brought Belle or Claire back at all.

Lani should have worked, but Sal Stowers was lifeless. I liked the potential of her bringing down the corrupt cops (Roman, Hope, Rafe), honest Abe standing by her to the potential detriment of his relationships with the Bradys. It never would have happened anyway, or if she was close to doing so, she'd certainly be labelled a villain for actually doing what was right, go crazy, and then killed off. Abe lamenting her existence.

I also like the idea of Summer conning Maggie. That could have been a good story, but they went about it in the most horrific route imaginable.

Hopefully, like others have noted, Lavoisier will be gone soon. Philip can be successfully recast, but not with this creature. Not with Prince Froglip. And now that we have hunky Dario, and the Hernandez family has been built up, Rafe can be killed off for maximum impact. Probably by the hands of Andre, who'll disappear forever, immediately after. 

Note: I also hate Brady and Theresa in every way imaginable. Thank you.

• Members

It's both the actors and writing, not the characters. Martha Madison has always projected old and severe and is a passable actress at best. Brandon Beemer has a nice body. That's it. If they were serious about this they'd have worked with Jason Cook and found a strong performer for Belle. But they're not serious, because DAYS almost never is. And as for planning, any writer who does have a real plan to change and evolve the show they (and by 'they' I mean Ken Corday) fire. He doesn't want to change. He just wants to go in and out and be an absentee steward of a crippled show that sort of lazes along.

Sal Stowers had potential for growth on AMC 2.0 - she was very, very, very green but seemed to be improving with the bulk of her time spent with actors like Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams, and with solid writing. (Rob Wilson did the same, albeit he was always far less green and much more charismatic.) On DAYS she has had neither good writing, nor rehearsal time nor solid actors to bounce off of on a regular basis. So she's been terrible. It's sad.

As for Rafe, Dena Higley would kill every other male lead before offing him.

Archived