All Time Favorite Soap Characters?!

• Members

Guiding Light:  Reva, Harley, Eleni, Abby, Maureen, and Charita Bauer as Bert Bauer.  Roger, Alan, Ed.  Another favorite that never got any recognition: Kathleen Widdoes on As the World Turns as Emma Snyder.   Other favorites...Tracy Quartermaine - Jane Ellot

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TD: Carolee Simpson, Althea Davis, John Rice, Maggie Powers, Emma Simpson

EON: April Cavanaugh, Raven Alexander, Nancy Karr, Nicole Drake

GL: Bert Bauer, Maureen Reardon Bauer, Vanessa Chamberlain, Abigail Blume Bauer

OLTL: Victoria Lord, Megan Gordon, Nora Gannon, Andrew Carpenter

TX: Reena Bellman, Ruby Wright, Lurlene Harper

• Members

AW: Frankie, Rachel, Cass.

B&B: Stephanie, Taylor, Brooke, Sally, Macy, Caroline, Rick, Steffy, Bill, Quinn and Pam.

Home and Away: Sally, Alf, Morag, Danni, Leah, Irene and Brax.

Y&R: Katherine, Jill, Lauren, Sheila, Dru, Sharon, Nina, Phyllis, Mariah, Gloria, Ashley, Patty, Olivia, Colleen, Brad, Jack, John, Michael and Adam.

• Members

There are so many great characters on the 5 shows I've included below. But if I absolutely had to narrow it down (and without putting them in order of preference)...

Dark Shadows - Victoria, Burke (esp. Mitch Ryan's version), Roger, Elizabeth, Barnabas, Angelique, Nicholas, Quentin

The Doctors - Nick, Matt, Maggie, Carolee, Althea

GH - Alan, Monica, Laura, Anna, Lucy, Helena, Zander, Anthony Z. (Note: I'd like to include Steve and Jessie, but I just haven't seen enough material where they were primary rather than supporting or background characters. What I have gotten to see, I've really liked. Regarding Luke, I fluctuate too much between really enjoying the character and being sick of him and glad he's gone; so I didn't include him as a favorite.)

OLTL - Viki, Asa, Bo, Dorian, Tina, Ed, RJ, Lindsay

Ryan's Hope - Jack, Maeve, Jillian, Delia (esp. Randall Edwards' version), Siobhan (esp. Sarah Felder's version), Rae, Patrick, Finn McCool

• Members

I have a hard time divorcing the actor from the role so it's not always just the character for me.  I'm also including YouTube viewing because I've watched whole storylines from some soaps there.

DAYS-

Hope, Bo (both versions), Roman (Wayne),Julie, Marlena

AMC-

Angie, Brooke, Liza (Marcy), Gillian, Adam

OLTL

Tina (Andrea Evans, Karen Witter), Dorian (Robin), Bo, Nora, Cassie, Tea

Y & R-

Nina, Kay, Jill, Victoria (Heather), Drucilla, Paul, Sheila, Lauren

ATWT-

Lucinda, Carly, Jack, Simon, John Dixon, Luke

GL-

Alexandra (Beverlee), Blake (Sherry), Holly, Roger, Maureen, Bridget, Josh, Billy

EDGE-

Raven

GH-

Laura, Anna, Felicia, Brenda, Stone, Lucky (JJ & GV), Lucy, Monica, Alan, Tracy, Edward.

• Members

With several decades' worth of soap viewing under my belt, narrowing down a list like this would be impossible, but just some of my all-time favorites:

--Alice Matthews Frame (Jacqueline Courtney), ANOTHER WORLD

--Chris Brooks Foster (Trish Stewart), THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS

--Susan Hunter Martin (DAYS OF OUR LIVES)

--Bert Miller Bauer (Charita Bauer), THE GUIDING LIGHT

--Jessie Brewer (Emily McLaughlin), GENERAL HOSPITAL

I have to stop...there are so many, I could type all night, LOL!

• Members

OK, let's see, which characters always made me happy when they showed up?

Y&R: Jill, Kay, Nikki, Victoria (HT), Mac, Nina, Diane, Dru, Ashley, Lauren, Paul, Jack

B&B: Brooke, Taylor, Sheila, Stephanie, Sally

DAYS: Marlena, MaggieCeciliaCecile

DOCTORS: Althea, Carolee, Nick

ATWT: Barbara, Kim, Lucinda

AW: Felicia, Donna, Sharlene, Cecile

• Members

GH- Well, the first time I watched it, it was Luke & Laura that hooked me because they were literally about to have their first on-the-run story and I liked the adventure. Later on, though, Anna Devane became my favorite because she was so kickass and not the damsel-in-distress, sidekick to the male character. She was so unlike all the female characters I'd ever seen and I just loved her. Even though I no longer watch any current soaps, Anna of that time period probably remains my across-the-soap favorite female.

DOOL - well, again, I got hooked by a couple, Steve & Kayla, since I started watching shortly after they met

EON- Sky & Raven...what chemistry. I only started watching it during its last few years. Luckily, I was able to watch some more when AOL started streaming it years ago and now that it's on youtube I think I'm going to try to find a good starting point to watch consecutively.

OLTL- Clint Ritchie's Clint. Viki grew on me by association. I loved them in the 80s. I really missed his presence when he retired and, of course, passed away.

GL - I started watching because I followed Larkin Malloy from EON to GL so he started out as my favorite. But Harley became my eventual favorite as I saw when she debuted.

RH- I saw this sporadically at the time because I was going to school but Jack stood out for me. And I had a teen-crush on Joe #1, Richard Muenz. I hated when Roscoe Born took over and it stuck with me because I never did like him no matter what he was in after that (didn't help that he played nasty characters)
AMC - the first soap I ever watched and I did like a number of characters and couples (Cliff & Nina, Greg & Jenny) throughout the years but, unlike the other shows, where I could easily pick a longtime strong favorite, that's not the case here

• Members

AMC- Brooke, Liza, Stuart, Alec, Arlene, Mary Smythe

AW- Donna, Vicky (EW & AH), Cecile, Felicia, Kathleen, Mitch, Iris, Lila, Cass, Jake

ATWT- Meg, Carly, Jack, Mike, SUSAN, Lucinda, Katie

B&B- Brooke, Thorne, Stephanie

DAYS- Anna, Kristen, Marlena, Liz, Calliope, Bo (RKK), Maggie, Nicholas, Debra Adair's Kate

LOV- Trisha, Trucker, Ava, Ann Alden, Gwyn, Jack, Lily

OLTL- Dorian, Blair, Troy, David, Joey (NF), Cord, Tina (KW), Max, Renee

SB- Cruz, Eden, Julia, Mason, Augusta, Mary, Kelly (CG), Keith, Gina, Kirk, Robert, Angela, Ted (MB)

SUN- Annie, Tim, Ricardo, Cole, Olivia

Y&R- Jill, Nina, Ashley (BE), Brad, Drucilla, Sharon, Hope, Lauren, Sheila, Diane (AD & MW), Nicholas

Archived