DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Let's reveal who John's father is and then kill him off after being on for 5 episodes. What was the point of all this?  Good job, Josh Griffith! 

I hope Quigley changes who John's parents are again. They can't be some 'nobody' we've never heard of before.  Just make him a Dimera/Brady again.  This would also break up Brady/Theresa.  Kill two birds with one stone.  You don't even have to write a  convoluted storyline like what we just saw. Just do what Tomsell did and do it in one or two episodes.  

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

However Tomsell changed it, I think Hope received some letter, just say the letter was a forgery.  As for Tate, it involved a shady doctor. The doctor can just say something like the baby implanted into Kristen wasn't Brady/Theresa's.  I care about who John's parents are and I just don't want it to be some people we never heard of.  If you never liked John or care about who his parents are, or his history, it's easy to blow this off, to not want to deal with it again.  I'm invested in John so I want them to get it right, which they did by making him half Dimera and half Brady. 

• Members

dear God in Heaven....Hell no. That half Brady/half DiMera crap was worthless IMO. I don't want John related to anyone in Salem. He has a parentage and a past now and I for one am sick and tired of his identity being reconned every time the show gets a new writer. Damn, he has so many identities he could field a football team by himself. 

• Members

He's already been both a Brady and a DiMera - who else is he going to be who's "important?" I don't see what else there is to do with John short of making him Roman Brady after all. This retcon is fine with me even if the story was goofily told and the show is a mess.

• Administrator

I thought making John a Brady/Dimera made a lot of sense considering how he was so connected to both families.  Make him an Alamain again then.  Make him Vivian's son.  We at least know who that family is and know who Vivian is.  And you could bring back Louise Sorel for another story arc.   John's history has been changed like 10 times, what's one more.

Archived