DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

No. Steve and Ava's baby was concieved when they were first together, meaning the child would be in his or her late 20s. Steve didnt get Ava pregnant last time she was in town, when Kayla was pregnant with him. These are the facts that the show established with this story. Im not sure if they will even bother doing anything with this dead baby

Besides why would they make Jade, Joey's sister? He's related to all the other teen girls. She was created specifically so he can have a viable romantic interest. Making her, his half sister, puts him in the same limiting position he was in when he was SORASed

So is Alison Sweeney going to return to the show? I was just thinking that with Stefano dead and Andre in jail, it doesnt make sense for Sami to still be on the run.

What are the ages of Adrienne and Justin's sons? Was Sonny the eldest? I was thinking that with Chase, pretty much being ruined, if maybe one of them could be brought on as a love interest for Claire

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These are some wild-ass speeches they're giving Jigsaw. Syllogisms! Robespierre! The military industrial complex! There is no one on the DAYS team with the ability to write this kind of florid crazy [!@#$%^&*] (or put these words together) since at least the first Clinton administration, so I have to assume this was a passion project for Josh Griffith - dark, weird, 'primetime' and better suited for cable than a bargain basement soap that hasn't been consistently intelligent since before the James Reilly era. I am torn between admiring the audacity of it and laughing at the over-the-top pretension. I don't mind pretension when a show can sell it - DAYS can't anymore.

The story itself is ludicrous, but that's DAYS and I guess it's as good a backstory for John as any and to its credit tries to weave all the previous ones together (as well as tie into Bo's death and A Martinez). This retcon did not need to happen but it has and it's a decent one IMO. That being said, this reminds me a llloootttt of the Mitch Laurence/Victor Lord nonsense at OLTL in early 2003, when Griffith and Michael Malone brought Victor back from the dead for no good reason and the old man needed a blood heart transplant from Paul Natalie. Mitch and "Victor" also gave some dark OTT speeches at that time.

The point is, don't do this kind of crazy [!@#$%^&*] if your budget and your show's overall quality can't back it up. All these big monologues seem airlifted from Griffith's screenplay drawer onto the show, and while he may be a talented writer DAYS isn't the place for it. And he definitely didn't need to rape Ciara on the family couch (smooth move ending that horrible story in a month, BTW - it came and went and was horribly ruinous, and with it gone so soon it had no point).

What a fucked show.

Archived