DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think the one relevant rape story right now might've been a story about a college campus sexual assault, exploring the issue of consent when drinking is involved, something like that. Not that I think Days would've executed something that nuanced very well at present, but that's at least a story that could maybe enlighten people about a hot-button, complex subject.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They did something similar of that in 2007 when Stephanie and her friend Cordy were raped by a guy named Ford Decker. When he tried to rape Chelsea, she fought him off and he fell down the stairs and died. The sorority girls, with the help from Max, buried his body.

• Members

I happened to be visiting home and caught DAYS on POP. I'm so glad you mentioned that lack of connection because of the acting. Honestly, Friday's episode was perhaps the most painful soap episode I've watched in a long time from acting perspective. On the one hand, you had some of DAYS best classic vets only to be ruined by these horrible nerbies. Seriously even scene with them had an actor(s) stumble over lines as it was clear they didn't know them or couldn't act them. Shameful. And to hand the rape story to them is beyond perplexing. 

• Members

I watched the Brady Pub Toasts Stefano's Demise episode and I really enjoyed it. That was a well written, well produced, well acted one off episode. The flashbacks were good ones (I particularly liked Abe in a rage at Stefano being fatherly to Lexie and Stefano saying to Kate "Don't be sad anymore, it's your time.") and the conducting at the end of the episode was a nice touch. I'm glad that Joe Mascolo was able to see Stefano through to his conclusion and that this great antagonist got a well done sendoff.

• Members

Something must be the heck wrong with me because I'm enjoying the show immensely. Then again, I've always been a fan of dark, intense (and/or gothic) writing and storytelling. And I'm not certain I'll stay with the show once the change occurs after the Olympics. 

I agree with the sentiment that the casting directors appear to have largely gone for faces when it comes to the teens. Theo can (sort of) get away with it due to a 'presented view' of autism. I have my own views as to whether that's acceptable or universal but that's what it is.

And sometimes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Perhaps Josh Griffith did quit. It's been said he quit Y&R over similar-ish creative/structural differences so it suggests form. Then again, I'm on the outside looking in, so perhaps some of those who purport to be in-the-know who have said the same thing are wrong. 

• Members

I am a long time lurker on the boards and rarely if ever have I posted. But I need to say this. I have watched Days for the better part of 35+ years and while there have always been ups and downs I find it extremely difficult to get through these days. Between the teens and the acting, and current stories over all, I have almost lost all interest. And that's really too bad.

• Members

I agree about Theo . . . something is really, really working for me about him, and it's not that he's a great actor, but Kyler Pettis is everything I need him to be.  But the teens are WEAK and there simply isn't enough room for them.  Joey is basically usurping JJ's role and Claire (though played by a lovely girl) ages Shelle tremendously . . . and I can't disagree more about what's happened with Ciara & Chase.

I've been enjoying the show a lot this week . . . but after four really thoughtful episodes, I thought Friday was the biggest letdown.  The rape story is too disturbing, I don't care about Deimos at ALL, and I can't see past how unlikeable Belle has become to care about anything involving her.  I did like the subtlety of Victor opening up so easily with Caroline, but his reluctance with Maggie--nice beat.  And I think JPL went the entire episode without spazzing out!  LOL.  I am definitely looking forward to watching next week's episodes, though . . . something I haven't thought in a long, long time.

• Members

Yes and no. That wasn't an especially nuanced story. Ford became a violent rapist, the girls were haunted by him, etc. What if (purely for example?) Chase and Claire got drunk and had sex, but Claire didn't remember it, and Chase was sure she had consented, and people chose sides? It isn't pleasant, but it's a VERY real-life thing, and it's complicated and I think would open eyes about how rape doesn't always mean that the assaulted party is screaming "NOOOO!!!!" while being held down against his/her will.

• Members

Summer, Ciara and Joey stories are at the bottom of my list. The rest of the stories aren't horrible, but they keep dropping people offscreen for too long to remember what's going on with them...(Paul, Eric, Jennifer, Adrienne, Justin, etc.). I'm not looking forward to the Ben return(Though RSW is one actor I like). 

Looking forward to see the wedding, hopefully there will be some movement in the show

@Days22 Happy Belated Birthday !

• Members

Why thank you!

Idk i guess im not as down on the teens as most. I mean ciara is a doozy but I like Joey, Claire and Theo. This Summer storyline is horrid and I do wish they would play up this Jenn and Eric story more.

Also like UK Law, dark and intense tones are something i can get into I guess

Archived