DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's why I can't feel bad about him going down for this (and let's be real, he's not going to get the damn gas chamber for killing Stefano). He's a homicidal lunatic who tortures people for sport. He has LITERALLY had many of the current characters murdered -- Abe, Maggie, Caroline, Doug, Roman -- in addition to actual murders that stuck. Hope should've shot his ass, too. Not that I think this story has been executed particularly well, but like, come on. Someone should've shot Stefano at point-blank range years ago, and Andre deserves it, too. 

• Members

Wow: on twitter, someone attributed the rape story to Melissa Salmons and a few others responded: one saying it was Griffith's work, another saying it was Dena's. Finally, Salmons twittered a response:

I do not formulate story. This one was 100% JG.

• Members

The Horton home is always too dark with the new production.  However, when the lights were turned all the way up the last 5+ years, the Horton home looked kinda cheap . . . when they reintroduced the set in 2010, it really changed--it became even more bizarrely angular for the forced perspective and the green walls were a different, weird yellowish green that could look loud and appeared very cardboardish.  With the dark, moody lighting in the house, it does give it a LOT more depth and the walls look like that beautiful, soft sage again and you can't tell how flimsy it is, lol.

My biggest problem with the lighting now is that it's inconsistent--some sets are bright, others are dark and they'll conflict in the same episode . . . I approve of DiMansion always being dark because of mood, but other sets like J&M's townhouse will be super, super bright . . . it's jarring.

• Members

I really liked Stefano's standalone!  The flashbacks were way too recent, but for what it was, it was a really nice episode.  The editing was very thoughtful, too--the camera kept cutting to Roman during Kate's recollections of Stefano, which was a wonderful touch.  And we even had a Peter mention!  It's too bad Missy Reeves is holding this portion of the show's (/Jennifer's) history hostage because this should be driving SO much of the Chad/Abigail story.  He was the DiMera who should've returned last fall, not psychotic, serial killer Andre who stopped being taken seriously a million years ago.

The only problem with that episode was that it broke the momentum of Tuesday's episode, which was a great show, IMO.  And we were finally able to have a normal day, but Stefano's episode picked up at night, after leaving off in the morning on Tues.'s ep.  Then today the timeline was f'd again because at, what I'd assume would have to be after 9:00, everyone was conducting business like it was 3:00 in the afternoon, lolol.  Thurs.'s show was not as good as Tuesday, but I noticed how detailed the dialogue was!  Stephanie, Clyde, Justin and Steve being brothers-in-law, Belle being an amateur, Abigail/Theresa having the first logical discussion about Summer, etc.  It was such a breath of fresh air.  And Steve and Adrienne FINALLY had a scene!  LOL.  (Poor Judi Evans.  She and Justin have so much untapped potential, it's crazy!  What a waste.)  But this Ava storyline is already getting very repetitive, and we're only on the first few days at an accelerated pace.  I'd be totally fine with Joey getting shipped off after this wraps up.  I've also been loving Nicole since LA--there's been a serious improvement with her, and even Theresa now that she's being written as a bitchy nut again, lol.  I can't even comment on this Summer stupidity, good God.  There's a million different ways to generate new interest without resorting to this stupefying Daniel-centric retconning.  SMH.

• Members

Agreed with all. There was a noticeable difference when they brought it back first in 2010; a definite flimsy cheap look to the walls, like you knew a bunch of 2x4's were propping it up on the other side. I think the overall look of the show changed in 2009, but since the Horton home had been out of commission for so long, it was very noticeable difference once reintroduced. And High-Definition is not a friend, not when you use walls of plastic leaves and call it a park. 

I get the moody, dark lighting, but not at the point where parts of a room are lit up, but the actors' faces are literally in the dark. I get that half of them are in their 50's and beyond, but age is nothing to be ashamed of unless you're using wires and putty to pull back your face to 1997 (:::cough, Roman, cough:::) 

• Administrator

I knew this rape storyline was Josh's idea - glad we have confirmation now.  He's 100% responsible for one of the most disgusting things to happen on the show. 

Can they please stop showing the rape flashback?  We don't need to see it, multiple times, every time Ciara is on.   I know Vivian said she would try to step up her game when she was told about this storyline, but she failed again in today's episode.  I know this sounds kind of bad, but I can't feel sorry for Ciara because the acting is so bad - it's distracting. 

• Members

The days of rape being used as a social-issue, "let's educate the audience" storyline ended many, many years ago. I was personally done two decades past when virtually every major female on SANTA BARBARA was raped within 7 years.  Possibly the last significant one was Margo on ATWT.  

This story is just appalling.  Its one saving grace was the age of the characters.  Teen raping teen was hot-button, but now everyone's 18, when they honestly look younger.  

Archived