DAYS: March 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again: John Black is Stefano DiMera's (illegitimate) son; and either Stefano knew who he was and was desperate to get him back (and back under his control), or he DIDN'T know and (in the biggest irony for a meglomaniac (sp?) who was all about lineages and dynasties) spent all those years unwittingly trying to crush and kill his own offspring.  That -- aside, of course, from the possibility of his being the real Roman Brady after all -- is the only explanation that will EVER make sense to me.  But if saying he's now Jigsaw's kid that he probably got on the GI Bill means putting this [!@#$%^&*] to rest once and for all...?  Well, I'm like a tree, I can bend.

I'll do you one better: HE is the long-absent Sarah Horton.  ;)

• Members

The cops on this show are so corrupt. Joey goes and confesses and Roman just covers it up? The Bradys are setting him up for failure and this reminds me of Michael on GH but I doubt Joey will actually go to jail

and why is Mumbles Brady getting so much airtime lately?

• Members

Yay...Another Hernandez...If Rafe wasn't such a drag....I liked him working for Victor and when he and Nicole were BFFs,  Anytime else, meh...and Gabi...she could at least talk about Will once in a while...

Thank gawd they got rid of Two Hung Low, any more moralizing from a murderer....

• Members

So I'm watching on POP. Shame on me for thinking only the teen newbies were horrible actors - Mama Hernandez and Paul via his swan dive at the hospital, moves them to the top of the list. Who is responsible for casting at DAYS? They truly are incompetent.  I'm used to terrible writing on soaps, but compelling, competent actors would overcome that. I keep checking in on DAYS every three or four weeks and it just makes me sad. Of course, I'm hoping the new production schedule will make a difference but not with a cast so full of weak links. 

Chubby Mami Hernandez is an annoying stereotype of a Hispanic person. Being Hispanic i like that Days has a Latino family. But there all so meh. I envisioned Rafe's and Gabi's mom as being a hot mature lady not a dumpy vieja. I can see Eduardo with a hot older mature lady like Kate but not Mami Hernandez. 

• Members

What threw me off was her accent. It works on Telenovelas she does but on American soap operas its distracting. Even though A Martinez looks like hell and appears so old... the actress playing Mama Hernandez looks older. They didn't fix up her hair or dress her up a bit to make her look younger. Ive never seen a hispanic/latino family portrayed or written correctly in American soap operas. Its a shame but true.

I couldn't see someone like her being married to the now A. Martinez ….LOL

• Members

I don't see Mami Hernandez as particularly chubby or dumpy. She looks like the average 60 year old, not sure why that's so awful. The alternative would be someone way too young in the role or someone has a ton of work. We all know how most of the board feels about that. It's sad to see women picked apart based on looks when they could basically never win. To me the most interesting thing is creating a believable bond with her TV children and she's doing that.

I wonder if this is Abby's good bye story and she's headed to the metal ward. If so, I approve.

• Members

I agree. Mama Hernandez obviously has the bond with her kids, and simply just looks average. She totally comes off as a person that has worked hard all of her life. At least she isn't another 40 year old woman with 40 year old kids...(looking at you, Passions)....

Why couldn't they just re-tape and drop Summer completely...NOW... The story still makes no sense to me, as Marie Wilson doesn't look old enough to be older than Daniel was..... What a waste poor MW gets another useless role here...

Archived