DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a week behind and trying to catch up.  It's...difficult. DAYS isn't made for binge-watching. 

I'm having the hardest time with John's latest parentage story. I watched this. It was resolved. I cannot understand why the whole Special Oscar-Winning Guest-Star Shirley Jones origin would be thrown out for this. Now John has a dayplayer, coulda been a Baldwin sister mother. Why?  Honestly, the character of John is too old to still be on this "quest" for his past. Too many years of brainwashing and amnesia make it irrelevant. 

Does anyone else think that Tamara Braun kicks herself every day for leaving GH?  She's never taken off on any other soap, and that includes three stints and two characters on DAYS.  

• Members

I am sooo over John's past too.  It's just gonna change again.  He should just be Roman again.  JT can be a brainwashed Chris Kositcheck.  Idc

And yes I think both Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun both kick themselves for leaving GH.  They never took off.  Thought SB would at least, but wasn't there some tension at the end of TB's stint with MB and Ted King and the story direction?  I thought TB was kinda frozen out by TPTB because she wanted to do an Alcazar/Carly pairing and it was all about Carson back then. 

• Members

They both were able to snag a few movie and primetime roles but nothing that ever stuck. Honestly I think if either one hadn't left when they did Carly wouldn't still be around.

TB is my least favorite Carly but that whole situation was foul. Main reason I couldn't stand her was because Carly was Sonny's doormat her entire tenure and MB, Pratt, and Guza acted like it was outrageous and disgusting for her to want to play something different than Sonny telling Carly to get her slut off of him. Served them all right that Jennifer B and Reese's Pieces ended up being disasters and that when Laura Wright came on CarJax became the main move.

• Members

This is going to be a little disjointed. Teresa has noticed that Brady and Nicole are drawn to each other. Nicole admitted it said it is not romantic and broke down, while Teresa hugged her.

Abe knows that Theo is being bullied. Theo said he doesn't want to hate the people bullying him.

Claire likes Chase and asked him out. He said no. Claire asked if he likes Ciara. He obviously does, although she is not interested in him.

Andre found Stefeno's body and told Chad it was Hope. Chad talked to Hope and he suspects her as well. Hope wants to go out of town with Ciara, and Chase. Ciara invited Rafe along.

Shawn is back. He wants to work things out with Belle. He admitted the breakdown of their marriage was partly his fault.

Ava is holding Kayla hostage until Steve finds her son. Joey knows Ava kidnapped Kayla.

I don't know. It was a pretty forgettable week for me, although it wasn't bad while I was watching.

Archived