B&B - June 2015 Thread

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I was gonna say... Hope's going to pop up at some point, and then Liam's waffling becomes a juggling act.

Ashleigh Brewer really impressed me on Friday's episode. Well done! I hope she keeps this deportation snafu a secret. Wasn't she a villainess on her previous Aussie soap? I say bring it.

• Members

While I disagree that "most of the bodies" of the male cast have gone downhill, I do see your point about Carter. The character is way too successful, good-looking, and just an overall upstanding guy to just be looked over. He's not boring, he's just a good guy. But because there isn't a real conflict over his character (since he's not a Forrester/Spencer/Logan) and any involvement with a woman, he's passed over for storyline.

And you know what, what you're saying about Wyatt is exactly what people used to criticize about GL's Reva back some 15 years ago. At that point, she had 2-3 guys panting for her, and people were saying that they shouldn't depict Reva as this sexpot who's the hottest slice in Springfield any longer, when visually we see otherwise. It's shallow, but people said it then, and I see your point now.

Lord knows I think Wyatt is skeevy, and that *is* because of Darren's portrayal, as well as the weird predatory way the character purposely goes after his brother's sloppy seconds.

I don't think they're writing Wyatt as the hottest piece of beef in L.A., but rather they protray it like he's the ONLY piece of beef in L.A.

• Members

I think the show is perfectly content with Carter being a Garrett Boydston type in B-plot land. I wouldn't be surprised if the soap-within-a-soap s/l is the meatiest he'll ever get, but I hope I'm wrong. It is bizarre to me how they just sort of keep him around on retainer to perform marriage ceremonies. They should at least test him with a fiery front burner s/l because it seems to me that they don't have as much faith in his ability as they do in his looks. I say put him with Steffy and see what he delivers. If GH can freaking hand the whole show to Woodpile, they can give LSV a damn chance.

• Members

they really should have put him in the Steffy/Liam/Ivy story. That triangle surprisingly has decent setup and can work but the sore spot is Wyatt. He should not be trying to get with another Liam castoff. This comes across too much of a redux of Hope. Carter would work better bc it would be something new as he doesnt have the connection and history with Liam and there would be nothing tainted about he and Steffy together. Ridge likes and supports him so that would give him some weight over Liam

• Members

I wonder if they hesitate because Carter doesn't have the treacherous edge, nor the flawed character we've seen from the likes of Rick, Wyatt, and Liam. Women can be boring in these triangles, but men are seldom allowed to be, you now how they're always trying to make men "dangerous" or "cunning" to be "interesting". Carter's more in line with Liam, but his dialogue doesn't have the sarcasm of Liam's which gives that character an "edge" even if he's for all intents and purposes a good guy.

• Members

That's an excellent point about men v women in triangles. Carter I think is going to be part of Raya. Despite what Brad says might happen, I just get this feeling that its a 'safe' space for B&B to cause tension for Raya. Plus LSV & KM do have a nice vibe and it certainly would up the ante with the shared history. However, I do want Steffy to hookup with Carter. Please don't put Steffy in a 'relationship' the character should be out having fun and dating around. Carter and Steffy hitting the clubs would be a fun summer story.

• Members

Liam just told Ivy that he wants to make this marriage work and 15 minutes later he is pleading with Steffy to take him back and if she does, he will leave Ivy? How many times can one person flip flop within a 24 hour period? He's gone back and forth between both women at least 10 times since yesterday (B&B time)

I actually like Quinn coaching Ivy. Suprisingly they work good together

Im fine with Steffy and Wyatt becoming friends but please no romance

• Members

The Liam thing is true B&B camp - you know the writers are magnifying it when he gets called out in script for his 'flip-flopping.' I'm actually digging it because it's so out there and just happening every few segments in same show. SC had really mastered it - I love his animation, spinning, hair pulling. He's engaged and working it. On paper SC and JMW should not work, but they are good acting partners. I wonder how far they will take this. With B&B it could be years and done by the next national holiday.

Archived