B&B - June 2015 Thread

• Members

This whole Wyatt thing is dumb. It's like they're not genuinely falling for one another, but it's like, "boy, it sure would be a good idea if we became attracted to one another and hooked up!" "Hey isn't this a great idea to get together?" The whole thing is just stupid.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

when the show opened up to the decorated office, I thought it was a party for Liam and Ivy. I was like no! Thank god it was for Caroline. She deserves it

Rick and Maya back on. Ugh! Forrester needs Maya....double ugh!

• Members

I thought JY's scenes Wednesday were amazing - he really does have the unique ability to convey vulnerability and emotion without seeming weak. I literally could 'see the love' in his eye when he was looking at Maya. There was nothing forced or contrived about it - even if the story and Rick's quick acceptance is a bit of a stretch. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in Raya. And, I'm glad, they are bringing them back into the FC fold - doesn't make sense otherwise. (Oh, and how nice has it been to be Brookeless! I love KKL but the character, eh. Not missed at all.)

• Members

Doesn't it somehow feel like this was just a storyline whipped up to give some of the other players (and Raya) a break? Granted JMW has had some great scenes and she's finally back in the acting groove - her short arc this winter was awkward to say the least.

• Members

Yes, it doesn't seem like a storyline that was well-thought out. They're definitely short arcs. Year-long stories with huge payoffs are the thing of yesterday. What was the story from last year, where there was some big secret with Wyatt/Quinn regarding his and Hope's marriage? Anyhow, it was something that would've been stretched out and given a big payoff back in the old days of soaps.

But it's B&B. Short arcs and a sudden emphasis on one single storyline for a solid 2-3 weeks is the name of the game. When one doesn't click, we move right along to the next set of people. Brooke as a drunk not working? Sober her up!

I wonder if we're due for another Aly meltdown, with the recent casting news.

• Members

But I'd also argue that this is what has helped B&B thrive - they are able to quickly evaluate new pairings/angles, etc. by testing them out, if they work, boom they'll be coming back (see Ridge/Caroline/Rick/Maya), if they don't drunk Brooke, they are quickly wrapped. Contrast that to DAYS.... It's oh so clear that Steffy/Wyatt have ZERO chemistry, maybe even less than zero. The real surprise of this story has been the Quinn/Ivy alliance - RS/AB work really well together and it's always fun to have Quinn/Liam scenes.

As far as Aly, I wonder what the catalyst would be - Steffy is living up to the 'false' Forrester image of being faithful and chaste - she kissed Liam off. If it's just a ploy to have Aly exit - guess what? she could disappear with Pam, Charlie and Oliver in the basement would not be missed at all.

• Members

The scenes with Steffy and Liam earlier in the week were fantastic! Steffy was outstanding! Bravo to the actress!!

Maya…ugh…she is perfect…she does no wrong…she is an angel….yeah whatever…the way she is being written is pathetic.

• Members

Oh absolutely. For as much as we wonder why some stories are told at warp speed, they can recover from a bad story like no other soap opera. Within a week or two, the show can go from lifeless, boring, and pointless to riveting, exciting, and can't-miss.

• Members

Oh, snap! A rare day when I can watch B&B live and the last segment is pre-empted by the big funeral in SC. I'll have to wait until online! Just odd that Ivy comes clean so soon on a story that just popped up out of nowhere. Let's see if the feedback was positive enough for B&B to find a new angle on Ivy/Liam/Steffy in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure Wyatt is definitely not going to be a factor.

• Members

Rick & Maya just make me swoon every time. JY and KM have fantastic chemistry! And her hesitation, and his gentleness, with this being their first time together since he found out she was transgender, was a great touch.

Also shout out to the directing team for all the butt shoots of Jacob Young, great direction :lol:

Archived