DAYS: More BTS shakeups

• Members
Yep.

But seriously. As much as I advocate for the HW being allowed to write the show as he or she sees fit, is it really a good thing that deCazotte adopts a hands-off approach when it comes to the storyline direction of her shows? Someone needed to push back at least a little bit on Tomlin and Whitesell's ideas -- and if it wasn't going to be the woman who was essentially the show runner for DAYS, then who?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am Glad that they are at least promoting from within... As for what this means for the show- I don't think Days is a certain cancellation come 2016- but once again it IS do or die time.. Why does it always seem like it comes down to this with Days- the pressure is on and they rise to the occasion. They have the perfect opportunity to do so here with the 50th... Let's see if it actually happens!

• Members
She was fantastic implementing the writing and acting on NS2. I give her credit for making smart, sophisticated soap opera on no budget on that show. Plus she rebuilt the Scorpio apartment. I love that set!

I'm not sure how much power and influence she had at Days. Meng is there too, and I'm kind of surprised that he is the last man standing from 3 regimes, and yet, nobody thinks he does as much as Lisa.

• Members

Victoria Rowell can't complain now as their is an African American exec producer. I think Lisa is a great exec producer. She started as Paul Rauch assistant and moved her way up. She was exec producer all years on passions and she did an excellent job on night shift. I honestly would love GH to hire her as a producer on the show.

• Members

The thing is NBC has not been the best network. When it was faltering days was it's saving grace. There's still a year and half left on their contract. They can make changes they need to slow down production. Why wasn't Greg Meng fired as well? He makes a lot of big decisions. I am sad for Lisa sge is a very hard working producer

• Members

No she has a major lawsuit at Sony and cbs it's fair game. Just kind of like calling Amelia Heinle an ugly disgusting person aa u like to call her. They hired a male African American exec producer and her case is the biggest joke in civil court history.

• Members

It doesn't matter. That has nothing to do with DAYS. You're bringing her up to start mess b/c you know that she is a sore topic for some on this board.

As TLC said, "Please stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to."

In other word, stick to pimping Jean as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's less controversial.

• Administrator
I can't see this being a budget thing. Albert's taking over Lisa's role and Janet is taking over Albert's role, and I'm sure someone will be taking over Janet's role. Even if Albert is going to be making a little less than what Lisa made, I don't think it would make much different. They're still operating on the same budget when DAYS got the renewal, and they just got rid of two big contracts (Sweeney and James Scott).

Archived