B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

The storyline started off badly with the blackmailing. You don't blackmail someone for being transgender especially when its your family member. I think thats why everyone was stunned at the secret…it made it seems the blackmail was for something else. And instead of Brad ending the blackmailing scheme he continued it.

As for todays show…blah

I skipped most of all the Brooke and Deacon stuff minus the ending which was vomiting inducing

I am so over Rick and everyone else boo hooing….Rick can do whatever he wants with the company ….Eric was stupid to let it happen….I am just over this story...

That leaves nothing else….I barely watched today so I might just drop this all together…so disappointed in the way this soap has gone downhill once again.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As lame as I think the Brooke drinking story is I will give them credit for the scenes of her having dinner with Katie where the wine glass just kept calling out to her. The recovering alcoholics I've known have all told stories of when they first got sober and every bottle of booze seemed like it was lit with a spotlight from above. In some cases they relapsed, in others it was the first time they were able to say no and "think through the drink." Brooke struggling to pour out that glass and bottle made me think of them. I think KKL did a good job with those scenes.

Also, I'm really trying not to be the newbie who asks a lot of questions but WTF is up with Deacon and Quinn? Apparently they have a BDSM relationship? Where the pain inflicted comes in the form of really trite dialogue?

• Members

Now that Maya is Transgender, do we think they will how any Raya love scenes before Rick finds out?

I think this lovetory will end with Maya dying of cancer, hence y she mentioned cancer last week.

• Members

I might be alone but I want Maya's reveal to send Rick over the edge. LIke I want this story to get real dark and gritty. Rick should have the reaction that most straight men would have. He should be furious. Dare I say it but I want him to brutally attack her over the fact that he was fooled. I've seen a story similar to this on the ID channel where a transgender woman was brutally murdered by her lovers [she was orally fooling around with a group of male friends/roommates]. This is a story that has occurred a lot in the media and B&B would be stupid not to hop on it. Rick shouldn't murder Maya but I would love for it to lead to some great storytelling while addressing a serious social issue.

• Members

I wasnt even sure if I watched Fridays episode and yesterday I confirmed that when I saw Quinn back to work at FC and Deacon trying to get Brooke back. Dont care but with that said, getting Quinn back there is the best thing for her longevity bc she was way too isolated.

Im fine with him losing it as it would make sense considering he did over Caroline sharing a few kisses with Ridge. I dont think I want him to get violent though. I think that would be too dark for this show and considering they are working with GLAAD, I dont think Bell will go there. I keeps describing this as a love story and I dont see how they can come back form that

• Members

You mean a love story with a 'loving' sister who's blackmailing her? Brad is trying to have it both ways. Rick losing it would be understandable, but that has to be handled delicately because this is supposedly a story about acceptable. I definitely do NOT see a violent route happening. A white man beating on an AA woman would not be wise during these times. (Honestly, violence against women shouldn't be tolerated or promoted on soaps to begin with - but I get it.) As far as 'dark' type of storyline, this is another area that B&B does not do well. Let's face it B&B does fashion, triangle, business, location shoots, scandal (shock effect) and camp really well. Social issues, diversity (hello no Latinos in LA, no gays in fashion?) murder, medical/illness and mystery stories well below an acceptable standard.

Archived