B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

Katie and Brooke bonding….zzzzzzzzzzzz…..why?? I guess Katie forgot about Brooke stealing her husband….

Deacon…zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Remembering when this show was on fire…….

Nicole still huffing at leaving the mansion….still blackmailing Maya?? blah

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh…awful writing on todays show again…thats sisterly love…blackmail her…..this story so far is not about compassion…its about blackmail…..

More Brooke and her drinking problem….who cares…not me…..

Deacon and Quinn…..lawd how boring are they…...

I wish they wouldn't have done the transgender story that apparently came out of Bradley's ass last month…ugh

• Members

Although I'm not a Ridge/Caroline fan this show is definitely lacking without Caroline. I guess I didn't realize how much LG brings to this show but it is evident now. I hope LG has a quick recovery and is able to throw some life back into these storylines.

• Members

They definitely had to change stories, but it's clear the Maya/Myron thing was on track because it WAS the big cliffhanger before March Madness pre-emptions. I'm so glad I took it off DVR two weeks ago. Hearing that Nicole is blackmailing her again. WTF? (I read the key lines in a reCrap - there's no sisterly love there "You take care of me, I'll take care of you." OMG, Brad and writing staff, what are you thinking? BTW - The Maya we knew has a big and generous heart. Guess what, now that her sister knows and if they really had Nicole on her side, Maya would gladly take care of her sister because she's family! Why is this stuff so hard to write? Conflict - there will be so many conflicts with Maya and the rest of the crew when it comes it, it's not necessary.

That's what I meant about the bizarre change - last Monday Nicole is threatening, STALKING and blackmailing Maya for a 'modeling' job and two episodes later is giving some heartfelt garbage about missing and wanting to know her sister. So far, B&B is following exactly the path it usually follows.

• Members

I knew there's was something else that was really bothering me about B&B attempting the Myra/Myron storyline: does anyone remember Amber and the Rick "cross-dressing" story as a way to block Caroline's interest in Rick? The whole thing was played for kicks and laughs and not well done at all. It was cringe worthy. I wish I could find some of the videos, but they don't seem to be posted. It was typical B&B camp - but it totally fell flat.

As far as B&B and the promise of bringing on TG/TS to tell their story. You know what? IDC. Focus on Maya telling HER story. It's not like she's thinking about it, Maya is fully transitioned. KM is perfectly capable of sharing Maya's struggles and eventual transition. That I'd like to know. I don't need a PSA on the subject. They picked a character on canvas because we are invested in her, so let the character tell her story. If it ends up the TG/TS character is someone who HELPED Maya, that's great. This is completely a character-driven story, but B&B is already drowning it in blackmail, Rick's sudden boasting about Maya's 'womanhood,' etc.

• Members

Isn't that what he's known for? Both coming up with some good stuff and then just utterly screwing it up. He's done it countless times. I'm not even saying this is one of them yet. I'm just saying if this story turns out good, it will be the exception to how this usually goes, which is high hopes followed by a huge let down.

• Members

So I was thinking about Maya's acceptance and who's going to be on-board. If B&B wants to make a 'real' statement, Maya needs to be accepted by someone major on canvas and here's the quandary B&B faces now:

1. Big hitters -

Brooke would have been the best and most logical, but this ill-timed AA story has ruined her for time being.

Ridge (I don't think so)

$Bill (he has no interest and was also blackmailing her back in January).

Hope and/or Steffy would be PERFECT but they aren't on

2. Second tier:

Katie (she accepts everyone, no weight - if she doesn't accept, that will be news),

Eric (Honey Bear's judgment is lacking during past six months)

Liam (ha) and, Ivy (too new to matter),

Carter (Not major enough) and

Caroline (probably my strongest bet, but it would undo and run counter to the entire rivalry during the past two years AND deception is what cost her Rick, it stretches credibility. But I think LG/KM work so well together they could pull it off)

3. The irrelevants: Wyatt, Pam, Aly, Oliver, Deacon, Quinn and Donna

Am I missing anyone who really matters?

Archived