B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I feel like Bill and Katie should be the JR and Sue Ellen of this show or the new Eric and Stephanie. They don't need to beak up, but give them their backbone back. Let Bill be a total !@#$%^&*] again and have a big rivalry with someone again. Let him sleep around, but the affair needs to be smart. Putting him with Brooke was stupid and predictable. Putting him in an affair with someone like Felicia could've been explosive or someone younger. Putting him with Brooke did too much damage to her character at a time when she didn't need it.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show was must see tv after Hope and Brooke left….then Brooke returned and Maya's story was changed and poof…back to blah TV….

I agree with you about Brooke…why wasn't she drinking in Paris? She had no man and was far away from any of her many men she slept with…unless Throne knocked on her door in Paris…..

• Members

It did but a year later, I really dont feel it was a stain on her. I think bringing Ridge back and Katie doing her dirty as well, helped make Brooke and Bill more tolerable. I think he's the only man on the show she actually works with. I really wish they would bring Taylor back as a rival for her. Hunter Tylo was one of her best screen partners and they really brought out something entertaining in the other. Id argue that its the show's one true rivalry bc they have NEVER been friends. They've hated each other for nearly 25 years and there's alot of history to back it up. Im glad the show never had them become BFF and ruin the dynamic the way they did with Brooke and Stephanie

As for Bill, he already had someone younger, Steffy, but the show stupidly ended that prematurely.

• Members

Well I do agree Brooke should be supporting, but they need to transition her into the proper role. They just don't know where to place her. I also feel RJ should be a teenager by now to give her something new to deal with. Brooke needs to be focused on business and she deserves a strong romance. Her main focus needs to be Rick, RJ, work and then a new love interest to round things out. She is a valuable asset when utilized correctly.

• Members

I don't think Diamont has the chops, but beyond that, I don't think that type of character works as well today. To be honest I don't even think it worked that well beyond the first few years of Dallas.

I do understand what you're saying - you put a lot of effort into your suggestions and I just offered back sarcasm.

I like Don sometimes...I think maybe if the people around him were more interesting (as Quinn was at one point), I'd care more. Maybe it can work.

• Members

But I feel if you look at Bill's history, they want to present him as a JR-esque sex symbol/business hard ass, but in reality he ain't shyt. Stephanie was more formidable than he is. I feel the same way with Quinn. Why did they hold back when she was tormenting Liam? Let her go Sheila style nuts and send Quinn away.

• Members

Ive never seen Bill as a JR type…but if they wanted to go that route they should have paired him with Quinn permanently and had them married with Wyatt as John Ross with Liam as the outsider fighting constantly with Wyatt. Bill would have taken Forrester away from Rick with Bill being a womanizer and Quinn drinking it up instead of Brooke….and her still having that Sheila edge to her.

Going back to Quinn…I thought she was going to be Sheila 2.0 but that fizzled until now with Brooke and Deacon….I hate her being wasted on Deacon…Deacon is not worth her going all batty on Brooke. Also since they tamed her a bit I thought Maya was the one who was going to turn all Sheila once the dust settled with the Forrester takeover from Rick…but that went to hill with the transgender storyline.

• Members

I think you're right. KM may have been told about it around Christmas, but it probably wasn't until someone wisely told Brad you better get people who understand the T community/story involved that GLAAD was brought in. After discussions with them, it was probably suggested to bring on other TG/TS. But I'll be honest, why are they doing that? Is this just going to be a big PSA? I still think we're going to see a little attempt at social conscious, the audience will be bored because B&B fails at social stuff - the show will change focus quickly (something it does well because of stories, production and filming schedule) and either nary a mention of Myron again and people will pretend, they will write Maya out of the show, which is my big fear, or they will come up with some bizarre explanation that Maya was really born a female and it was all a big misunderstanding (sort of like GL Sunny/Solita - Maya/Myron were twins and Myron was tragically killed and Maya 'adopted' his personality, thought she was a boy, etc.) Good grief, in this genre, ANYTHING is plausible.

• Members

I can't argue with this.

For some time I've felt that today's crop of daytime (head) writers don't do extensive storyline projections as writers did in the past-- and boy does it show!

Today's writers may not have the talent that the writers of classic daytime drama had but I think the writing would be much improved if they wrote (and kept track of) a decent storyline projection for at least 12-18 months.

I do think KM and RE are doing their utmost but yeah, I get the feeling that other than generating that initial cliffhanger bang and buzz, BB hasn't truly thought this one out.

Archived