B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished watching and I thought the scenes were very good.

Nicole has a lot of questions the way anybody would. She's not just trying to figure out who Maya is and how she got that way but she's also trying to mesh it with her memories. She's trying to sort through the lies and secrets she grew up with and it's not always going to be pretty, hence her calling Maya a freak and saying "Our whole lives are a lie because of you."

I liked how Maya kept venturing back in forth between a desire to be honest and not wanting to be hurt by rejection again. I especially liked how she kept saying that Myron's birth certificate wasn't hers. That desperate denial spoke volumes.

I'm just sorry they named the Avant aunt who excepted the transition "Caroline" because that means we'll never meet her unless they give her a nickname like Aunt Cece or something.

• Members

So the explanation about the baby was pretty simple "It was my boyfriends and I was the guardian". A lot of people probably wanted a more in depth answer that answered more questions, but sometimes I think when rewriting things, simple is best. The more complicated a rewrite to try to plug all the plot holes, the deeper down the rabbit hole you go.

• Members

I'll agree with you. Plus I've accepted so many crazy things on soaps, what's one more rewrite. That's how I'm looking at all of this actually. I'm also hopefully, that for once Brad is not going to start something interesting and then totally disappoint us.

• Members

I went back to the original transcripts of when Maya and Dayzee were talking about her baby and Maya doesnt say that she was pregnant. This is from 1/14/13 where she first mentions her

Maya: I haven't let you get in a word. I'm just so keyed up, you know? I mean, my little girl, she's out there. She won't even remember me. She was still a baby when I gave her up. My parents -- they weren't an option. Any friends I had weren't in no position -- I just -- I was facing prison for who knows how many years. I had no one to take my girl.

That doesnt contradict what was written today. I dont know, maybe she may have specifically said she gave birth to someone in a subsequent episode but they were pretty general when this was revealed and her giving birth was only a natural assumption

• Members

I missed the first half, but I happened to have a break and caught the second half. I loved KM's presentation of the potential road for "Rick and Maya." I'm really trying to be cautiously optimistic, but it was interesting when I raised it over the weekend with my Mom, who's watched from the very beginning.

Me: "Mom, what do you think of Maya's secret. That she was born a man."

Mom: "I know. But why?"

I delved deeper and she's not a board person - but one of the silent milions who watch. She doesn't judge people and it had nothing to do with the TG aspect, but more of the future of the Maya and the story's life on the show. (Maybe soap instincts and stuff are handed down.) She said "Any man on that show will be considered 'less' of a man, unless everyone pretends it doesn't exist. Mark my words, in six months we won't hear about this Myron again and Maya will be back to modeling those pretty dresses and fighting with Caroline to get Rick back."

• Members

I wasn't really watching when Dayzee was on the show but a few years ago, I saw an interview/clip of her with John McCook on the WLS site and decided to watch some clips/episodes featuring her and I must say, the show shouldn't have let her go. This storyline would have benefitted from having Dayzee in it for more reasons than one.

I'm watching with an open mind and though the initial reveal was breathtaking (proving that soaps can still do a big reveal in a world full of spoilers), I can understand why people would have various concerns about BB's attention span concerning how this plays out over the long term for this character and her longevity, especially in comparison to how AA characters on B&B have been written over the decades (they tend to be written as avatars/icons representing a cause-- e.g. Zende as the poster child for AIDS orphans or representing international adoptions).

That, coupled with my feeling for weeks now that some event would pull Caroline and Rick back into each other's orbit (the 6 month waiting period was an anvil dropping loudly), perhaps on the way to some sort of reconciliation (if not to reunite, then to forgiveness and possible friendship) and here it is!

Some of the other concerns regarding how media (dis)regards Black feminity would never have been raised had Dayzee still been on B&B. So far though, I think the actors RE & KM are really engaging with the script and each other and hey, it has my attention. And let's face it, for the time being, it is the type of potentially juicy storyline that AA characters usually do not get, particularly on daytime and especially on B&B.

• Members

Maya does say in this clip that she was pregnant

Then again given all this time she's been lying, she most likely lied about that as well.

cfd4e84718c5891826fbf7f710073d4f

" data-width="466">

• Members

Such horrible writing - could have been decent, but the writing is God Awful. Just so bad. I am not a fan of Karla or the other girl - her sister...although I think she's better? But they're making silk purses out of ears of sows at this point. There's a lot of staring and dead air. Plot devices, like Rick constantly saying things about Maya's femininity...to Ivy, Ridge, Carter, etc. You should all design for the lead model. It's so contrived now. Yuck. I feel badly for Karla and the girl who plays Nicole.

• Members

And the whole thing with posts that Brad Bell is KING!!! You've gotta be kidding. LOL. You know who is King? Doug Marland. Harding Lemay. Henry Slesar. You need a new definition of King. Even his own Dad, whose first writing job was at Guiding Light...probs a better King.

• Members

I'm already over it and will watch Ryan's Hope and Another World because I'm not ready to let go of Daytime :(

Between the numerous foreshadowing conversations, the mediocre writing (and actress) and the rush to explain to Twitter the baby Maya claimed, nothing for me to look forward to.

Archived