B&B - March 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay I watched the episode and I normally hate when people do this but could someone give me a quick synopsis of the deal between Nicole and Maya? It sounded like Nicole only ever knew Maya and had no experience with Myron. Nicole is late teens-early 20s and she said that Maya came to her birthday party when she was a kid so how long has Maya been gone from home and when did she supposedly transition. Also, are Maya and Nicole biracial? I'm asking solely for the sake of fantasy casting purposes. Are we casting two black actors for their parents or one black parent plus one of a different race/ethnicity?

I don't know who the actress playing Nicole is but I thought she did a very good job with showing her heartbreak and desperation to connect.

(Sorry to jump into the thread with a bunch of questions but I'm fascinated.)

• Members
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I realize the main question is about the child Dayzee helped Maya have adopted. She will speak about this on Monday, but we haven&#39;t...</p>&mdash; Karla Mosley (@karlamosley) <a href="
19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>rewritten history. We (myself included) have wanted to know about Maya&#39;s past. This has given me insight &amp; connected dots. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoldandBeautiful?src=hash">#BoldandBeautiful</a></p>&mdash; Karla Mosley (@karlamosley) <a href=" 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

Everything I felt about KM and why I just loved the new assertive Maya has been validated with her public statements. She is a tremendous asset for the soap world and that's why I loved seeing her in a leading role.

Storywise - So if Rick dumps Maya, even though we know Maya loved him before she knew he was rich and why she pulled away, got him back and supported him and loved him, how does this really show progress? If the show really wants to be groundbreaking, Rick will accept Maya - I'm not saying he shouldn't struggle with it or be confused or whatever, but if he rejects her, how is this a positive storyline? And if the only option is then to have Carter take her back, that would be bizarre. Soaps have a formula, B&B in particular with their 'love' story/triangles, etc. and that's why I question how it will work with characters on canvas as potential pairings with Maya.

I just don't want to see KM off the show or relegated after a few weeks when they don't know what to do next. I just wish it was another character - like Caroline, Aly or, more believably, The Vine. I will keep following recaps, etc., but history is definitely not on the side of B&B handling social issues well. Perhaps, it will be that Myron/Maya was a hermaphrodite and the parents made the choice when she was young. Intersex births are far more common than one might imagine - like 1 in 1000. (The stats range and what action is taken varies, but it's not as rare as we might imagine.)

• Members

No. I actually think they should go with a younger actress. Someone that is early 50s who can mix it up with Brooke, Bill, Ridge and the rest of that age group is ideal.

I saw that Bell described this as a love story and I dont like that. I dont see how Maya can get a happy ending with Rick nor do I think she deserves one. What she did was dead wrong. She had an obligation to him and Carter to tell them about her situation before she had sex with them. She should have given them that opportunity to make their own choice instead of deceiving them. Im sure Rick will feel violated and he will be entitled to that feeling.

With that said, I truly empathized with her when she and Nicole were talking. Both actress did good to convey genuine emotion. I really hope the show doesnt screw this up

• Members

How could Maya tell her partners when the story was retro'd around Xmas? :) Again, Maya is stuck in a catch-22 - not disclosing such a significant fact. With Nicole not cutting it at UCLA - sorry, I would have written her as brilliant - "Maya, I'm so smart and gift in technology, that I was able to find the truth in the darknet. No matter how much effort our parents went to hide it, I eventually found it and now I understand...."

• Members
I think it's perfectly fine for her to have a happy ending, lets be real, it was decided in December this was the route they were going. Years after her debut, and after her and Rick's reunion.

It would be one thing if she was a new character, whose introduction had this looming on the background. I don't think it's fair to say she doesn't deserve one, given the short handedness of it all. It's realistic, not every trans person tells their partner or prospective partners in the beginning.

I agree, she not only sounds excited about it, but also willing to make sure it is handled well (something a certain other actress, in a social issue storyline, doesn't give a damn about :lol:)

Archived