Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Members

The amount of ignorance around me is unreal. Makes me hate living in a small little rural town. I'm so thankful I was raised by two very liberal and open minded parents, unlike everyone else in this damn town.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh probably, but I never blame the fame whores for making money by giving the people what they want. The K's have gotten rich because so many people are obsessed with them. I'll never understand why, but they'd be fools to turn away that money.

I've never seen the show, but I will admit that the nosy bitch in me is curious about the Bruce/Kris marriage. Did he hide his desire to be a woman from her for all those years? I'm sure he was cross dressing at times, so that's really hard to believe. Did she know and just marry him for the money? One of his quotes made it sound like once she had her own money she started being less tolerant of him, so I wonder. Obviously, it's none of my business, but I'd love to know.

• Members
Don't worry there's ignorance in urban areas too. I'm glad Caitlyn was able to bring transgender issue to the forefront of pop culture. I hope many of these people aren't just hopping on a social media bandwagon and are truly for equality for all.

• Members

I’m trying to understand what being transgendered means and I am thoroughly confused. Bruce wants to be identified as a woman but yet he’s attracted to women and says he’s not gay. This would make him a lesbian but he denies the assertion. He says he’s a woman but has not had the gender reassignment surgery. Since having a vagina are female physical traits how can he say he’s a woman. Would he not fall under the category of being a cross dresser? If that’s the case any man can say they’re a woman because they “identify” as one. If I decided to shave my head and wear men’s clothing because I identified with being male does that make me a man? Lastly, when Bruce won the Olympics he was physically a man, now that he identifies himself as a woman folks are saying Caitlyn won the Olympics. Are we now going to deny that Bruce ever existed to accept that he transitioned into a woman?

• Members

6daae74d217e1eefff5d312dfce3ebb7

" data-width="500">

">

“I’m the new normal.” - Caitlyn Jenner #IAmCait

Posted by I Am Cait on Wednesday, June 3, 2015

She looks soo good.

• Members

And I think that's the point Caitlyn and others within the community are attempting to make -- specifically, that genitalia, or the absence thereof, should not define how one views himself (or herself) biologically. Caitlyn sees herself as a woman, penis or no penis, vagina or no vagina, and now she wants the rest of the world to see her the same way.

At least, that's my takeaway from this. But I could be off-base.

Archived