Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Members

Yeah, I agree that a lot of attention whoring is going on here. Still, I suspect she waited to transition until her youngest child was truly an adult. I can't fault her for that. We can all be politically correct from a distance, but this type of change has to be very hard for children. Maybe some day it won't be a big deal, but it is a huge shift for a child to deal with even in 2015.

I haven't seen a ton about the car accident recently, but if she really is charged with a crime she's going to have no choice except to deal with it. If she's found guilty she should pay like anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was unmoved by Caitlyn's acceptance speech at the ESPY's. She said all the right things, added a touch of humor, even shed tears but it came off so scripted. She mentioned all the transgender people before her including Chaz and it just confirmed to me why she was underserving of the award. I don't think the Kardashians have one sincere bone in their bodies.

• Members

The ratings garnered a 5.5 rating…with a 6.6 rating during Jenner's speech….best numbers from the ESPYS but no where near the numbers Jenner had for the Diane Swayer interview…..His/Her hype is going away faster than a Ron Carlivati 2 day arc storyline.

• Members

She still looks like Bruce…seemed more to me like Bruce had a wig and a dress on…..and yes the voice is the same and probably will stay that way...

The pictures taken of Bruce were so edited cause he looks like [!@#$%^&*] as a woman.

• Members

I doubt it has much to do with hype - that interview was a month ago and a cheap flop cable awards show isn't going to get anywhere as much attention or ratings.

Again people giving it as much attention as they are here and elsewhere proves that the PR machine is still working.

• Members

Not really? Why would you expect it to get the same or even close to the same ratings as the DS interview? I dont think anyone was looking for that/ Why would they? Him going on stage for a few minutes doesnt compare to his first sitdown special of 2 hours coming out as being trans

• Members

Everyone is entitled to believe in something. But that was a PR stunt at its finest. Our country is raising a bunch of sissys where we have to cater and coddle everyone. There's a difference between what you do in your own home and trying to shove it down everyones throats. Having him/her/it on national tv is not bravery, it's ridiculous! Maybe my definition of bravery is different than others but so be it.

• Members

Jenner. It's just a mockery! It takes courage for someone to come out and say he's different. There's a difference between coming out to say you have aids and saying you're now a woman. Lauren Hill didn't choose to have cancer. But you know what she did choose? To live her life to the fullest and help every other person who had cancer by raising money to help them and spreading awareness and never giving up. For me, that's courage.

What's more important is other news like a Muslim extremist killing four US marines on our own soil. That's far more deserving of attention than anything with Caitlin/Bruce Jenner (positive, or admittedly, negative)

• Members

I tend to think that story has gotten more press attention than Caitlyn Jenner has today, although I don't know.

If this were a major award that came with lots of money, I'd be more bothered, but it's a celebrity award from a celebrity "sports" network. Let's say that Tiger Beat magazine gave out hero awards, and some guy who was in a full body cast but still managed to be his class valedictorian lost out to Louis from One Direction because he told everyone he knocked a girl up. Is that a questionable decision? Yes. It it a surprise with the magazine in question? No, not really.

• Members

You obviously have no idea what it was like for him. How can you not think it is courage to come out and be yourself when people (probably yourself) will think she is a "fag" or "freak"? Did you not [!@#$%^&*] here she was suicidal? Where is the hate coming from?

You are right, us Americans are sissies who cater and coddle everyone too much! Who cares about the trans kids killing themselves, they're sinners! And those who get killed, sure did learn their lesson.

You do know America is actually behind in the LGBT movement compared to other developed countries, right?

It's a part of the process, I'm sure. She can't do everything at the same time.

Archived