Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I think people are tiring of the attention whore...

• Members

Caitlyn having this  "E" show just proves that she fits right in with the attention whores she raised.  I wish her the best as a person who transitioned, but I don't need to see her everywhere selling herself.  I am a gay man, not trans-, homo- oreven arachno- phobic, but I'm tired of all the pomp and circumstance.  If she helped even one transgendered young person feel good about him/herself(depending which way they are transitioning), Good on her.  That said, the bloom is off the rose, and it's time for someone else's fifteen minutes of fame...

• Members

You all must be must much more pop-culture savvy than I am, because I haven't had a difficult time avoiding anything she's been involved in. If not for this thread and a few ads here and there for that Cait show, and the people who made fools of themselves online over how dead soldiers are being betrayed by ESPN, I'd be totally Caitlyn-free.

• Members

THANK YOU!! I've honestly said this about many celebrities over the last year or so, especially the Kardashians. I don't get tired of seeing them because I really don't "see" them other than catching glimpses of their names in headlines on the entertainment tabs of news sites. I'm not interested, so I don't read the articles, and my life goes on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Really.  No transgender person will deny their assigned sex at birth given their primary sexual characteristics.  But that has zero to do with gender.  Just because people can't comprehend what goes on in the minds and hearts of transgender people doesn't mean that their lives are any less true.  It's not a matter of being "PC", it's a matter of cracking open your brain to something that you don't understand.  I don't get how people can accept that folks are born gay and yet chose to denigrate people who are born misgendered.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It seems to me the thinking among those individuals is, you might have been born gay but you weren't born with the wrong gender; and that to suggest you were is saying God is imperfect.  But that's just my take.

Archived