SoapDope

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

6daae74d217e1eefff5d312dfce3ebb7

" data-width="500">

">

Caitlyn Jenner's legal troubles continue.

Posted by Entertainment Weekly on Tuesday, 9 June 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There have been comments for decades about how he wanted to look more female - many just thought it was bad plastic surgery (the nose job), but the recent procedures would suggest otherwise. I think he genuinely did want to be a woman, I don't think even that family would go to these lengths just for PR. I think she is too messy of a person to be much of a role model, and I think that family gets too much publicity, but I think this change is something that was a long time coming. I also think there are a lot of personal decisions (like the Father's Day bit) that many trans people go through, especially later in life trans people, that are difficult for us to understand, and are another reason why I would have preferred she and the family not do all this PR that invites us to scrutinize every decision they make. But they live and die on PR, sadly.

• Members

bc she is a father. IMO, it would be completely disrespecftul and hurtful to the kids to take that away from them. Its hard enough as it is. She's not their mother and she's not trying to be

this! Ive tried to imagine how I would feel if I were one of the kids and my father did all this transitioning. Id have a hard time accepting it and if I couldnt view him as my father anymore, it would completely ruin our relationship. I think Fathers Day is just as much for him as it is the kids.

• Members

I'd say that was just what the whole clan saw as a benefit to the procedure, not the reason for doing it.

I don't think Caitlyn Jenner is a trailblazer, but I also think there are personal needs involved that have probably been there since long before he ever met any Kardashian.

Unless sex tapes start being leaked, I doubt it.

Archived