Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If we're going to buy into this fantasy that there is some big white bearded man sitting on a cloud somewhere who made everything, then he did indeed make the hate and the thoughts that made Isis and Nazis. There is no such thing as on your own when we are all supposedly following God's plan. It was God's plan that Isis kills everyone or else there is no such thing as God's plan.

God made this, God made that....then God made Hitler too. God might think about staying out of the kitchen.

• Members

I don't find it odd, except on religious grounds. That makes it so random to me. Otherwise, it doesn't surprise me at all. I'm with Q in that no one needs to agree. It took hundreds of years for people to agree that the Earth orbits the sun, but that disagreement didn't change the reality. Hell, neither did the eventual agreement, come to that.

• Members

I should have clarified that. I, too, only find it odd on religious grounds. The largest argument of the (religious) gay population is that God made everyone exactly the way they are. So to hear a religious gay person say they don't believe that God made transgender people the way they are really confuses me. If we're getting technical, the Bible says the same about transgender people as it does about gay people, so how can we say "Well, he made one just the way they are…but the others are wrong!". I don't know, I just don't get it. I personally believe that God made all people exactly who and how they are and loves us all equally. But hey, I'm in no position to judge anyone on their beliefs. I'm just confused by them, I guess.

• Members

People are born blind, deaf, horribly disfigured, missing limbs, conjoined to twins, intersex, et cetera. To say that G-d made them that way and they shouldn't seek to correct their conditions to find happier, more viable existence bringing them closer to their true selves would be disingenuous. One can maintain that G-d does not make mistakes while acknowledging that there's no testimony without a test. This is simply Bruce's journey.

• 1 month later...

Archived