Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somehow, that just doesn't seem important to me at this time. Kris, trashy faults and all, has just as much right as anyone else to be hurt, angry and disappointed that her husband wants to be a woman. The important thing is that she did reach out to him. Even if she didnt, Kris is well within her rights

• Members

I don't support it but I'm not God so its none of my concern. I just wouldn't want to be around one of them at all. I think if God made you a male or female then you're really violating yourself by trying to force some type of change on yourself.

It will be interesting to see how the 24/7 politically correct crowd reacts to people who aren't 100% okay with this situation.

• Members

I don't think it comes down to political correctness as it does people assuming they have input and they're being ok with it should matter to the people in question. It's like saying "I am not okay with left handed people". Well ok, and why should this be of importance to lefties? That seems to be this assumption on the part of cultural conservatives, that somehow their views on normal and right should be considered more significant than those who take a live and let live approach. And it's not just conservatives, it was all the people who claim to be liberal but "have a problem" with this group or that. I have a problem with plaid. The people who make plaid crap don't and shouldn't have to run their fashion ideas by me.

Bruce Jenner doesn't seem to be asking if anyone has a problem with him, he just wants to be who he is. As far as what God made or didn't make, well, god made people who were nazis and Isis, so I call his taste into question and can't say I support his decisions. We all should live our lives as we see fit as long as we don't harm anyone.

• Members
Yes!

I felt so sad for Bruce. How scared and confused he must have been growing up in the 50's with these feelings and not having the resources that are available to young trans people now. I almost cried when he said he would have been mad at himself if he died and never got to live as he really wanted. :(

• Members

I hope what he's going makes him happy. Honestly I will probably get bashed for this, but I'm tired of hearing about him. The only reason he's getting so much attention is cause of the Kardashian connection. What about others who go through this? What makes him more deserving of more attention than them?

• Members

I'm sorry, I think he's full of crap and the fact that he came out as a Republican solidifies that, because they are the masters of spin. He's says he's not gay, but as far as he knows, he's heterosexual, but then says he's asexual. To me, it seems like he has no issue being transgender, but might have some issue with being a lesbian and threw the word asexual out there to keep from identifying with it. I was "asexual" for a short time, so I know about throwing up bullcrap barriers. I do not know what Bruce's point is, but I do agree that there is more that he needs to work through.

• Administrator
Because those other people aren't famous, or as famous as Bruce. They're not going to bring in this much attention. Bruce became a big name after his Gold medal win. I watched the special because it was about Bruce and so did 17 million people. If they did a story about a non-famous person, it would not get this much attention.

Archived