DAYS: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Same. I defended him because we hadn't seen him have a chance to flex his (apparently nonexistent) acting muscles at that point. So much of the early criticism was just "He's not Chandler!!!!"

GW also has this oddly mannered/affected way of speaking. It almost reminds me of someone trying to do an American accent, poorly. Some of his enunciation sounds very forced and stagey. Drives me nuts.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to roll my eyes at him going off on Paul. Um Will, YOU are the one that took off your wedding ring and deceived Paul. I hate how Paul is being sh--ted on here as he's the one thats been honest and open to both Will and Sonny.

And dont get me started on Will starting out his apology saying its not Sonny's fault, all while placing the blame on him. Really Will? You truly are Sami's son

• Members

^ Seriously. Will's logic was so weak. I couldn't believe some of the nonsense coming out of his mouth. Usually when people say he was too young to be married, I disagree. Straight characters get to screw up and have multiple marriages, after all. Damn if Will didn't prove that he is way too immature to be married this week. Not even because of the cheating, but because he couldn't take any responsibility.

How dare he screw over Sonny and their family like this? I sure hope that Sonny has some kind of legal rights when it comes to the baby.

• Members

Thoughts on the week!

1) JUSTIN!! So glad to see Wally back. His presence has really been missing.

2) Also really happy to see progression in story this week - the Hope/Aiden stuff, the WilSon reveal... at least they are attempting to throw some bones our way for February sweeps! Like I said a couple months ago - I have wanted to believe in this writing regimen for all of 2014, but once we got to 2015 and still nothing was changing... I agree these writers have got to go.

3) I really am enjoying the cabin set.. It's a pretty large set and makes the show feel *not quite* so cheap. I wish they would alternate larger sets (like this cabin) in and out for a few months... maybe for a couple months have a story taking place at the cabin set (as they are with Hope/Aiden), then have a lot of story happening at Marlena's townhome (which we haven't seen in a while), then a few months later have some story set at Abe's house.. just to be alternating a larger set for 2-3 months.

4) Good to see Peggy McCay this week! Any further updates on how she is doing? She hasn't been on much at all in 2015.. and I remember Peggy saying near the end of Ali's run that once Ali left her scenes were very sparse (and they have been as she has been on what? maybe once a month?)

5) On the up side.. if John Aniston continues appearing in this many episodes... he may be in the top 5 or 10 for the year.. his episodes counts are definitely going up!

6) LOVED Marlena's face to Paul's news. Dee is such an amazing actress. The WilSon reveal was really good. Freddie knocked it out of the park! I agree that Guy's acting left a lot to be desired... I was one of those people who pushed for Guy to be given some meatier scenes when he started because all he was doing was playing house husband.. but he's definitely had his meatier scenes now.. and there needs to be an improvement. I love Guy - but a lot of the emotion seems forced.

7) I just can't with Serena's elephant... to he honest, I have been paying so little attention to that storyline that I don't even know what the elephant thing is about - I just know that I can't with this story... and on a week where you have Hope/Aiden story coming to a climax, AND you have WilSon reveal happen you choose to end the week with Serena's elephant!!! WHO makes these decisions?!

• Members

The problem is some fans liked to insist everyone in the story but Massey sucked, and acted like his rictus grin was the only moment of value. In that context, I felt like Guy, along with Freddie Smith, deserved defending.

Now that Guy has had plenty of time in the role, and some strong material that could have showcased him, I'll admit he isn't right for the role.

• Members

They both throw me out of scenes and they both make weird facial expressions instead of trying to act. Massey didn't look like Carol Brady and was better at some parts of the character, Wilson doesn't go out of his way to tank every scene he has with Freddie Smith and only make an effort when it's time for Will/Gabi sex. So it's a toss-up for me.

Archived