Days: December 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its been long enough, but its time for Kayla to get a man. And no not Abe. It doesnt need to be a storyline, but she can find happiness on the side. Too bad the only other avaialable man in town is now John. I guess Rafe but barf to both

Anyone know why Wally Kurth left Days for GH? I liked it when he was doing both. I miss him at Days and wish he would return. He's recurring at GH, so I dont get why he cant just continue to do both bc its not like he's being used heavily. When was the last time he was even on Days?

• Members

Thoughts on the week.

This week was slight better (due to the Christmas shows)

1) I agree Doug and Julie stole the show this week! It was great to see Doug in more than just one episode!! I LOVED his response to Aiden. And I love that Ciara was the one who helped him "accept" Aiden. The Doug/Hope Father/Daughter scenes were long overdue.

2) Will and Paul have more potential than Paul/Sonny but the show has to let them have more interaction that to show up in Paul's creepy hotel room.

3) Lucas/Adrienne pairing is creepy. If the show is still developing this storyline in their writing processes now (for summer/fall) please STOP!

4) Yay for a Sarah Horton mention! If only she had been Serena.

5) The Christmas episodes weren't as good as the past few years. This year was still okay.. but I was hoping for more. I loved Maggie's speech at the end - but why is she the one who has been giving a speech the past couple years - why can't Julie give the speech (at least one year!), Joey finally appeared in more than one episode - but it definitely is awkward that Kayla's unannounced son just pops up once a year - I mean they could at least have him pop in an episode a couple times throughout the year just so the general audience knows who the kid is, Abby reading the Christmas story again was sweet - Mansi does well carrying on that tradition. And WHY were both JJ and Lucas missing the Horton Tree Ceremony?!?! TWO LEADING HORTON MEN who were just MIA. I can kind of understand they wrote Lucas out of the episode to be with Sami and the kids - I'm sure it cut down on costs by not having to pay BD for the episode.. whatever, but JJ was IN the episode!!! I understand that in the Christmas episode they have to have a scene opposite the Horton family gathering/Hospital story reading - but they HAD those scenes in John/Marlena/Ari and in Eve/Paige... there was no need for JJ to miss HIS family tradition. I just get really picky about the Christmas episode! There is just no room for lazy writing and like I said, this year's episode was decent.. but it could have been MUCH better.

6) Lastly just a question - Wasn't Kate Mansi's contract up in Dec 2014? Does anyone know if she signed? Extended? Anything? Do we have proof that she is still filming scenes?

• Members

DAYS wasn't using him. Actors without contracts (recurring if you like) just wait for the phone calls. He has said he would like to do both. Apparently he shot some DAYS stuff in the summer so we should see Justin in January or February. So it's not really a problem about doing two shows, I think Tomlin and Whitesell just don't know what to do with him when they now have Aiden as the town lawyer.

• Members

SC has long been a favorite actor of mine, and his Daniel would be much more tolerable with balanced writing. All the propping makes him so unlikeable, even I forget that I'm a fan of his.

The biggest problem with the show is balance...the lack of it. That and the filming schedule, that prevents them from ditching duds like Tammy Sue. They also don't know when to drop characters they don't need. How much longer does Rage Rafe have to continue with zero storyline, popping up to annoy DiMeras and talk about Bore-dan?

I loved Crishelle on AMC, but please lawd end this crappy character.

Why can't Melanie fall for T? I'd much rather see them than Mel and Brady.

Where are the Abe/Maxine scenes? Why not make Daphne her granddaughter?

• Members

Im sure Wally would do both if Days wrote for him. Him not being there I put on the writers. Wally doesnt tape every day at GH so a reasonable schedule could be worked out

I would also love to see Philip back and I hope with this Clyde VS Victor stoey, Philip does return.

Archived